INDOCIN IV Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Indomethacin 1mg/vial; lyophilized pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution.
Recordati Rare Diseases, Inc.
Indications for INDOCIN IV:
Closure of hemodynamically significant patent ductus arteriosus in premature infants weighing 500‒1750g when after 48 hours of usual medical management is ineffective.
Give by IV infusion over 20‒30mins at 12‒24hr intervals for a total of 3 doses; monitor urinary output. Age <48hrs: initially 0.2mg/kg, then 0.1mg/kg for doses 2 and 3; 2‒7days old: 0.2mg/kg for all three doses; >7days old: initially 0.2mg/kg, then 0.25mg/kg for doses 2 and 3. If anuria or oliguria (urinary output <0.6mL/kg/hr) is evident at time of 2nd or 3rd dose, suspend therapy until renal function is normal. May give a second course of 1‒3 doses if ductus arteriosus re-opens. If unresponsive after 2 courses, surgery may be needed.
Untreated infection. Active intracranial hemorrhage or GI bleeding. Thrombocytopenia. Coagulations disorders. Necrotizing enterocolitis. Significant renal impairment. Congenital heart disease in which ductus arteriosus patency is necessary for satisfactory pulmonary or systemic blood flow.
Volume depletion. CHF. Sepsis. May mask signs of infection. Hepatic or renal impairment. Monitor serum electrolytes, hepatic, and renal function during therapy. Discontinue if liver dysfunction occurs. Monitor for signs of bleeding. Avoid extravasation.
NSAID (indole deriv.).
Caution with other nephrotoxic agents, anticoagulants (monitor). Concomitant ACE inhibitors or angiotensin II antagonists may worsen renal dysfunction. Potentiates aminoglycosides, digoxin (monitor for toxicity). Antagonizes furosemide.
Renal failure, electrolyte disturbances, GI bleeding, transient oliguria, elevated serum creatinine, decreased platelet aggregation.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Triplet Regimen Found Most Effective for Relapsed/Refractory Multiple Myeloma
- Integrating Preoperative Oral Care Into Cancer Treatment Plans
- Current Status and Dilemma of Second-line Treatment in Advanced Pancreatic Cancer: Is There a Silver Lining?
- American Association for Cancer Research Releases Its 2018 Annual Report
- Pulmonary Toxicity Increased in Pediatric Hodgkin Lymphoma Treated With Brentuximab Vedotin
- Benefit of Chemotherapy for Breast Cancer Observed With Midrange Gene Assay Score
- Antioxidant Interaction With Cancer Therapy
- Young Survivors of Breast Cancer Report Sexual Quality of Life Declines After Treatment
- Myeloablative Conditioning Effective in AML Secondary to MDS/MPN Prior to Allogeneic HCT
- Insurance Status Influences Overall Survival in Follicular Lymphoma
- Endocrine Society Released Guidelines for Managing Endocrine Disorders in Childhood Cancer Survivors
- Skin Cancer Screening: Are They Effective?
- Metronidazole, Vancomycin Recommended for C Difficile in Pediatric Oncology, HSCT
- CDC: HPV Vaccination Rates on the Rise Among Adolescents
- High-Dose vs Standard-Dose Flu Vaccine in Elderly Receiving Chemotherapy
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|