Generic Name and Formulations:
Miltefosine 50mg; hard gel caps.
Indications for IMPAVIDO:
Treatment of visceral, cutaneous, and mucosal leishmaniasis due to susceptible Leishmania species.
Limitations Of use:
Not evaluated in treatment of other Leishmania species. Leishmania species studied in clinical trials were based on epidemiologic data; geographic variation in clinical response of the same Leishmania species may exist.
Swallow whole. Take with food. Treat for 28 consecutive days. ≥12yrs (30–44kg): 50mg twice daily (breakfast and dinner); (≥45kg): 50mg three times daily (breakfast, lunch, and dinner).
Pregnancy (Cat.D). Sjӧgren-Larsson-Syndrome.
Embryo-fetal toxicity; obtain a serum or urine pregnancy test in females of reproductive potential prior to prescribing; use effective contraception during therapy and for 5 months after completion; use additional non-hormonal or alternative methods of contraception if vomiting/diarrhea occur during therapy. Possibly reproductive effects (eg, impaired fertility). Monitor renal function weekly during therapy and for 4 weeks after completion. Monitor platelets (for visceral leishmaniasis), ALT, AST, and bilirubin during therapy. Maintain adequate hydration. Discontinue if exfoliative or bullous rash develops. Nursing mothers: not recommended (during and for 5 months after therapy).
Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, decreased appetite, headache, motion sickness, dizziness, abdominal pain, pruritus, somnolence, elevated transaminases, elevated creatinine; thrombocytopenia, others.
Caps—28 (2 × 14 blister cards)
- Neurotoxicity After CAR T-cell Therapy May Be Associated With Endothelial Activation
- Navigation Programs Most Effective in Increasing Follow-up Colonoscopy
- New Class of Clinical Trial Enhances Research on Cancer Care Delivery
- Nivolumab Provides Better Long-Term Efficacy Compared With Docetaxel in NSCLC
- Prophylactic Prochloperazine Ineffective for Opioid-induced Nausea/Vomiting in Cancer
- Anticancer Properties of The Probiotic Kefir: A Review
- Combining Radiation, Immunotherapy: An Emerging Challenge for Oncology Nursing
- Navigating the Transition From Treatment to Breast Cancer Survivor
- Naldemedine Effective for Opioid-Induced Constipation in Cancer Pain
- Disruptions to Circadian Rhythm Linked to Prostate Cancer Surgery Regret
- A Case of Immunotherapy-Induced Myocarditis Concomitant to MG in Lung Cancer
- Daily Aspirin Reduced Risk of HBV-Related Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Lanreotide Effectively Controls Diarrhea, Flushing in Neuroendocrine Tumors
- Case Report of a KIT-mutated Melanoma Patient With an Excellent Response to Apatinib and Temozolomide Combination Therapy
- Novel Predictive Model More Effectively Identifies Risk for Lung Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|