IMODIUM A-D LIQUID OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Loperamide HCl 1mg/5mL; cherry-mint flavor; contains alcohol 0.5%.
McNeil Consumer Healthcare
Indications for IMODIUM A-D LIQUID:
Acute: Initially 4mg, then 2mg after each loose stool; max 16mg/day. Stop after 48 hours if ineffective. Chronic: initially 4mg; maintenance 4–8mg/day. Reevaluate if no improvement after 10 days at 16mg/day.
<2yrs: not recommended. 24–47lbs (2–5yrs): 1mg up to 3 times daily for 2 days (use liq). 48–59lbs (6–8yrs): initially 2mg, then 1mg after each loose stool; max 4mg/day for 2 days. 60–95lbs (9–11yrs): initially 2mg, then 1mg after each loose stool; max 6mg/day for 2 days.
If constipation must be avoided. Acute dysentery.
Acute ulcerative colitis and antibiotic induced pseudomembranous colitis; discontinue if abdominal distention occurs. In dehydration, use fluid and electrolyte replacement. Hepatic dysfunction; monitor for CNS toxicity. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Abdominal pain, distention, constipation, dry mouth, nausea, drowsiness, dizziness, fatigue, rash.
Caps—30; A-D Caplets—6, 12, 18, 24; A-D Liq—2oz, 4oz; Multi-Symptom Caplets—12, 42; Multi-Symptom Chew tabs—18, 42
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Breast Cancer Screening Recommendations Not Completely Reflective of Race, Age
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
- Oral Androgen Receptor Inhibitor Granted FDA Approval for Nonmetastatic CRPC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|