Immunotherapy regimens FDA-approved for the treatment of melanoma may also be an option for a rare and aggressive form of papillary thyroid cancer.
A multidisciplinary education initiative was instrumental in preparing nursing and clinical staff for the challenges of managing care and follow-up of patients undergoing CAR-T therapy.
The medications so far show little efficacy in children with cancer, but new studies may provide clues to how to change this, pediatric oncologist says.
Study also provides evidence supporting an anti-tumor effect associated with a single preoperative dose of pembrolizumab.
Children with extramedullary relapse of CD19+ acute lymphoblastic leukemia experienced a potent and durable response to the immunotherapy.
After lymphodepletion in patients with advanced HER2+ sarcoma, T cells expanded in 5 of 6 patients who received infusions of HER2-CAR T cells.
Biopolymer codelivery of CAR T cells and stimulator of IFN genes directly to the surface of solid tumors more effectively reduced tumor size.
Seasonal influenza vaccination was associated with increased rates of immunologic toxicity in patients with lung cancer receiving PD-1/PD-L1 immunotherapy blockade.
The oncology nurses' role in monitoring and early recognition of the signs and symptoms of CAR T-cell toxicities is significant considering the potential severity of these adverse effects.
The unique adverse events related to treatment with immunotherapy require a proactive approach in the assessment of side effects and patient education.
A significantly higher 5-year survival rate was seen in a small subset of patients with NSCLC treated with nivolumab.
Continuing immunotherapy after disease progression extends survival for some patients with head and neck cancer.
Immunotherapy alone is not effective in prostate cancer; however, combining it with PD-1/PD-L1 and VISTA inhibitors is effective.
Decreased liver tumor growth and improved survival in a mouse model were noted after injecting iPS-ML/IFN-β.
Checkpoint inhibitor pembrolizumab appears well-tolerated with antitumor activity in patients with malignant pleural mesothelioma.
Whole-exome sequencing of tumor biopsies explain low response rate to immunotherapy in metastatic melanoma.
Cabozantinib activated innate immunity and completely eradicated prostate cancer in a study using a mouse model.
In patients with soft tissue sarcoma pretreated with doxorubicin, treatment with regorafenib significantly reduced the risk of progression symptoms or toxicity.
Leflunomide, an immunosuppressor FDA-approved for rheumatoid arthritis, is effective against breast cancer in mouse study.
A new generation dual PI3K/mTOR inhibitor shows promise in treating leiomyosarcomas with the protein P-S6S240.
Rechallenge with dabrafenib plus trametinib demonstrated antitumor activity in patients who had previously progressed on BRAF inhibitor therapy.
HER-2 enriched subtype predicts for HER2 blockade benefit with lapatinib and trastuzumab
Researchers sought to conduct a cost-effectiveness analysis of immunotherapy for patients with advanced melanoma.
Adjuvant trastuzumab following chemotherapy significantly improves long-term disease-free survival in women with HER2-positive early breast cancer, according to study data.
Despite early failures, there may be a role for single-agent and combination immunotherapy for patients with prostate cancer.
Idelalisib Increases Progression-Free Survival in Patients with Relapsed or Refractory Chronic Lymphocytic LeukemiaFebruary 15, 2017
In a study seeking new therapies to improve outcomes for patients with relapsed or refractory CLL, researchers investigated the impact on progression-free survival of adding idelalisib to bendamustine plus rituximab.
Researchers develop novel strategy for delivering immunotherapy agents to tumor surgical sites to eradicate tumor cells left behind after resection and reduce risk of recurrence.
The addition of bevacizumab to first-line treatment with cisplatin plus etoposide improved PFS, but not OS, with an acceptable toxicity profile in patients with extensive-disease SCLC.
A new targeted therapy approach may attack cancer on two fronts, boosting anti-tumor immune responses while also directly killing tumor cells .
CDK 4/6 inhibitors, currently approved for the treatment of estrogen-positive breast cancer, were found to inhibit metastasis in triple-negative breast
- Immunotherapy May Benefit Some Patients with Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma
- New Study Questions Standard Dosage for Treating Metastatic Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Superior Tolerability, Efficacy With Alectinib in Treatment-Naïve ALK-poistive NSCLC
- Adding Pertuzumab to Adjuvant Therapy Is Beneficial for Some Women with Early Breast Cancer
- Clinical Trials May Benefit Oncology Patients
- Survivorship Care Plans: Providing A Blueprint for Health Care After Cancer
- Cancer Recurrence Fear Reduced by Novel Psychological Intervention
- Multifaceted Role of the Nurse Navigator Includes Palliative, Supportive Care
- Patient Navigators Found to Boost Lung Cancer Screening Rates
- Breast Cancer Diagnosis and Nurse Navigation Survey
- Radiotherapy is Essential in Treating Brain Tumors But Associated With Significant Adverse Events
- Prostate-specific PET and CT Imaging Improves Detection of Disease and Patient Care
- Lenvatinib Improves OS, PFS in Radioiodine-Refractory Differentiated Thyroid Cancer in All Older Patients
- Breast Cancer Overdiagnosis Also a Result of Screening Mammography Programs
- Use of Aspirin, NSAIDs Correlates with Improved Overall Survival in Colorectal Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|