Is combination therapy of imatinib (Gleevec) and radiotherapy safe?
Adjuvant imatinib impacts short-term free from relapse in patients with localized, surgically resected, high/intermediate-risk gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GIST), according to interim results of an intergroup trial.
Leukemia stem cells that overcome drug therapy can be thwarted when deprived of RAD52, a protein key to DNA repair of these cancer cells.
Diligent patient education that addresses adherence and persistence issues can optimize outcomes in patients with gastrointestinal stromal tumors.
Persons with metastatic colorectal cancer or gastrointestinal stromal tumors may garner some survival benefit from regorafenib after standard treatments have failed.
A previously invincible mutation in chronic myeloid leukemia has been thwarted by the investigational drug, ponatinib, in a phase I clinical trial.
Regorafenib, a new, targeted, oral drug, demonstrated the ability to control metastatic GIST, an uncommon and life-threatening form of sarcoma, after the disease had become resistant to all existing therapies.
Danusertib and bosutinib work together to overcome resistance to imatinib for chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) with mutated BCR-ABL gatekeeper genes. The BCR-ABL mutation confers resistance to all currently approved kinase inhibitors for chronic myeloid leukemia.
What is the role of sunitinib malate in the treatment of sarcomas?
- Blood Test Predicts Stem Cell Transplant Success in Myelodysplastic Syndrome
- Immunotherapy and the Future of Prostate Cancer Treatment
- Pembrolizumab Active Against Rare Melanoma, Extends Survival in Bladder Cancer
- Elderly with NSCLC Can Tolerate Aggressive Radiation Therapy Treatments
- Women Treated for DCIS Have Slightly Lower Risk for All-Cause Mortality
- Lung Cancer Screening Rates Low Among Present and Former Smokers
- Survivors Reporting Chronic Neuropathic Pain Struggle to Retain Jobs
- Timing of Chemotherapy Infusion Affects Inflammatory Response to Chemotherapy
- Postoperative Gemcitabine Plus Capecitabine: A New Standard of Care for Pancreatic Cancer
- Blood-Forming Stem Cell Transplants (Fact Sheet)
- Patients Undergoing Multiple Systemic Therapies for Metastatic Prostate Cancer Expect a Cure
- FDA Grants Priority Review to Ceritinib for First-line Treatment of ALK+ NSCLC
- Overall Health Worse in African American Men Undergoing Active Surveillance For Prostate Cancer
- Clinical Benefit of Simtuzumab Inconsistent for Myelofibrosis
- Follow-up Rates in Active Surveillance for Prostate Cancer Higher in University-Based vs Safety-Net Hospitals
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|