Is combination therapy of imatinib (Gleevec) and radiotherapy safe?
Adjuvant imatinib impacts short-term free from relapse in patients with localized, surgically resected, high/intermediate-risk gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GIST), according to interim results of an intergroup trial.
Leukemia stem cells that overcome drug therapy can be thwarted when deprived of RAD52, a protein key to DNA repair of these cancer cells.
Diligent patient education that addresses adherence and persistence issues can optimize outcomes in patients with gastrointestinal stromal tumors.
Persons with metastatic colorectal cancer or gastrointestinal stromal tumors may garner some survival benefit from regorafenib after standard treatments have failed.
A previously invincible mutation in chronic myeloid leukemia has been thwarted by the investigational drug, ponatinib, in a phase I clinical trial.
Regorafenib, a new, targeted, oral drug, demonstrated the ability to control metastatic GIST, an uncommon and life-threatening form of sarcoma, after the disease had become resistant to all existing therapies.
Danusertib and bosutinib work together to overcome resistance to imatinib for chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) with mutated BCR-ABL gatekeeper genes. The BCR-ABL mutation confers resistance to all currently approved kinase inhibitors for chronic myeloid leukemia.
What is the role of sunitinib malate in the treatment of sarcomas?
- More Than Half of Melanomas Are Self-Detected, Especially by Women
- Childhood Cancer Linked to Poor Diet Quality in Adult Survivors
- New Research Identifies Potential Bladder Cancer Chemotherapy Side Effect
- POLST Programs Can Benefit from the Relationship Between Patients and Nurse Practitioners
- Olaratumab in Combo With Doxorubicin Approved for Soft Tissue Sarcoma
- Overall Benefits of Vaporized Nicotine Products Outweigh Harms, Says International Panel of Experts
- Nurse Residency Programs Can Impact Oncology Nursing Practice, Outcomes
- Implementing a Distress Screening Process for Cancer Patients
- Initiating Palliative Care in the Emergency Department
- Exercise is as Effective in Treating Metastatic Prostate Cancer as Medication
- Adherence to Tamoxifen, AIs Among Older Women is Low, Study Shows
- Replacing Neoadjuvant CRT with Multiagent Chemo Not Recommended for Rectal Cancer
- Study Identifies Factors Associated With Infection-related Complications in ALL
- Immune Checkpoint-Related Neurotoxicity May Be More Common During Combination Treatment
- New Recommendations for Secondary Prevention of Cervical Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|