Patients received imatinib 300 mg/m2, 400 mg/m2, and 500 mg/m2 for chronic phase, accelerated phase, and blast phase disease, respectively.
The efficacy of imatinib for CML treatment persisted over time and long-term administration was not associated with unacceptable cumulative effects.
A phase 3 analysis of SWOG Intergroup Trial S0033 reveals that imatinib significantly extends survival in patients with GIST.
Is combination therapy of imatinib (Gleevec) and radiotherapy safe?
Adjuvant imatinib impacts short-term free from relapse in patients with localized, surgically resected, high/intermediate-risk gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GIST), according to interim results of an intergroup trial.
Leukemia stem cells that overcome drug therapy can be thwarted when deprived of RAD52, a protein key to DNA repair of these cancer cells.
Diligent patient education that addresses adherence and persistence issues can optimize outcomes in patients with gastrointestinal stromal tumors.
Persons with metastatic colorectal cancer or gastrointestinal stromal tumors may garner some survival benefit from regorafenib after standard treatments have failed.
A previously invincible mutation in chronic myeloid leukemia has been thwarted by the investigational drug, ponatinib, in a phase I clinical trial.
Regorafenib, a new, targeted, oral drug, demonstrated the ability to control metastatic GIST, an uncommon and life-threatening form of sarcoma, after the disease had become resistant to all existing therapies.
Danusertib and bosutinib work together to overcome resistance to imatinib for chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) with mutated BCR-ABL gatekeeper genes. The BCR-ABL mutation confers resistance to all currently approved kinase inhibitors for chronic myeloid leukemia.
What is the role of sunitinib malate in the treatment of sarcomas?
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Incidence of Post-traumatic Stress Disorder High Among Patients With Cancer
- Long-Term Night Shift Work Associated With Cancer Risk in Women
- Distress, Neuroticism Predict Long-term Emotional Distress After Cancer Diagnosis
- Dietary Estrogens Reduced Efficacy of Novel Breast Cancer Therapy
- FDA Grants Breakthrough Therapy Designation to Lenvatinib Plus Pembrolizumab for RCC
- Bacteria in Probiotics Carry Potential Risks for Immunocompromised Patients
- Pertuzumab Regimen Approved for Adjuvant, Neoadjuvant Therapy in Specific Breast Cancers
- Common Oncologic Emergencies That Occur With Multiple Myeloma
- Artificial Sweeteners and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Blueberry Extract May Boost Efficacy of Radiotherapy for Cervical Cancer
- FDA Issues Warning for Rolapitant Injectable Emulsion in the Treatment of CINV
- Risk Factors for Arterial, Venous Thrombosis Differ in Polycythemia Vera
- Breast Cancer Deaths Decrease Sharply Since 2000
- Identifying the Psychosocial Needs of Young Adults With Metastatic Cancer
- BRCA Mutation Improves Prognosis for 2-year Survival in Younger-onset TNBC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|