Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura
Young patients with chronic ITP may experience relapse within 5 years of completing therapy. In this study, investigators sought to determine if the 4R+3Dex regimen for chronic ITP would improve response rates in pediatric patients with the disease.
Results of a retrospective single-center study showed that response to rituximab vs splenectomy as second-line therapy for steroid-refractory ITP was not significantly different between the 2 treatments.
Rare Case of Langerhans Cell Histiocytosis With Prior ITP Highlights Diagnostic Challenge for CliniciansJuly 24, 2017
A rare case of Langerhans cell histiocytosis (LCH) in a patient with idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP) highlights the difficulty in diagnosing LCH.
This fact sheet examines immune thrombocytopenia (ITP), including patient outlook, treatment, and ITP in pregnancy.
Recent study results demonstrate that recombinant IL-11 with glucocorticoids is a safe and effective treatment for idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP) in adults.
Approximately 40% of ITP cases are caused by gram-negative H pylori infection; therefore, researchers sought to determine the effectiveness of infection eradication on platelet count in these patients.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|