IDAMYCIN PFS Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Idarubicin 1mg/mL; soln for IV infusion; preservative-free.
Indications for IDAMYCIN PFS:
Acute myeloid leukemia.
Give by slow IV infusion (over 10–15 mins). 12mg/m2 daily for 3 days (in combination with cytarabine). May give 2nd course if needed; if toxicity develops after 1st course, delay until resolved; reduce dose by 25%. Hepatic and renal impairment: consider reduce dose.
Pre-existing bone marrow suppression. Cardiovascular disease. Thoracic irradiation. Previous anthracycline therapy at high cumulative doses. Renal or hepatic impairment. Monitor CBCs, cardiac, renal and hepatic function prior to and during treatment. Avoid extravasation. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.D); avoid use. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Concomitant drugs that suppress cardiac contractility or cardiotoxic drugs (eg, trastuzumab, cyclophosphamide, paclitaxel): not recommended; avoid use for 5 half-lives after discontinuing cardiotoxic drug.
Myelosuppression, GI upset, mucositis, abdominal pain, alopecia, rash, inj site reactions, hepatotoxicity, renal toxicity, cardiotoxicity (eg, CHF, arrhythmias, chest pain, MI, asymptomatic declines in LVEF), hyperuricemia.
Single-dose vials—1; PFS: Single-dose vials (5mL, 10mL, 20mL)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- Medical Terms in Patient Education: Using the Confusing to Explain the Complicated
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Ciprofloxacin Plus Doxycycline Reduces Infection Rate in Multiple Myeloma Post-ASCT
- Prognostic Significance of Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Expression in Glioma Patients
- Fathers Can Pass Inherited Ovarian Cancer Risk to Daughters
- Modified XELIRI Noninferior to FOLFIRI for OS in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
- Nabilone Improves Cancer-Associated Anorexia in Lung Cancer
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|