Generic Name and Formulations:
Hydrocodone bitartrate, ibuprofen; 5mg/200mg, 10mg/200mg; tabs.
Indications for IBUDONE:
Short term (generally <10 days) management of acute pain.
Individualize; use lowest effective dose for shortest time. ≥16yrs: 1 tab every 4–6 hours as needed; max 5 tabs/day.
<16yrs: not recommended.
Aspirin allergy. Coronary artery bypass graft surgery. 3rd trimester pregnancy.
Advanced renal disease: not recommended. Head injury. Increased intracranial pressure. Acute abdomen. Peptic ulcer. History of upper GI disease. Impaired renal, hepatic, thyroid, pulmonary, or adrenocortical function. GI or GU obstruction. Asthma. Edema. Hypertension. Heart failure. Bleeding disorders. Monitor BP, blood, and hepatic and renal function. Dehydration. Post-op (may suppress cough reflex). Drug abusers. Discontinue if hepatic dysfunction occurs. Elderly. Debilitated. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Labor & delivery, nursing mothers: not recommended.
See Contraindications. Avoid aspirin. Alcohol, other CNS depressants potentiated. May potentiate, or be potentiated by, MAOIs (not recommended) or tricyclic antidepressants, skeletal muscle relaxants. Increases serum lithium levels. May reduce efficacy of, and increase risk of renal failure with, ACEIs, diuretics. May increase bleeding with anticoagulants. Paralytic ileus may occur with anticholinergics. May increase lithium, methotrexate toxicity. Corticosteroids increase risk of GI bleed.
Opioid + NSAID.
Headache, CNS depression, dizziness, GI upset/bleed, constipation, rash (discontinue if occurs), respiratory depression, anemia, mood changes, confusion, anaphylaxis; aseptic meningitis (rare); others. See literature re: risk of cardiovascular events.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- Medical Terms in Patient Education: Using the Confusing to Explain the Complicated
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Ciprofloxacin Plus Doxycycline Reduces Infection Rate in Multiple Myeloma Post-ASCT
- Prognostic Significance of Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Expression in Glioma Patients
- Fathers Can Pass Inherited Ovarian Cancer Risk to Daughters
- Modified XELIRI Noninferior to FOLFIRI for OS in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
- Nabilone Improves Cancer-Associated Anorexia in Lung Cancer
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|