Ibrutinib, idelalisib, ponatinib, and ruxolitinib are each associated with a variety of potential adverse effects and oncology nurses must be aware of these to successfully monitor for them.
Ibrutinib appears to be superior first kinase inhibitor for individuals with chronic lymphocytic leukemia, according to a recent real-world study.
A tenth of patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) discontinued therapy with the Bruton tyrosine kinase inhibitor ibrutinib because of disease progression during clinical trials, according to a study.
Study identifies reasons for ibrutinib discontinuation in patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemiaFebruary 27, 2015
About 10% of patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) treated with ibrutinib discontinued their therapy due to disease progression during clinical studies.
Genomic analyses of tumor and healthy tissue from patients with mantle cell lymphomas provided explanations for two types of resistance to ibrutinib and suggested ways to overcome them.
A new study has discovered how resistance develops in patients taking ibrutinib, a new and highly effective drug for the treatment of chronic lymphocytic leukemia.
Approval of ibrutinib (Imbruvica) has been expanded to include people with chronic lymphocytic leukemia.
A new study helps confirm that a molecule targeted by the experimental drug ibrutinib is critical for the development of chronic lymphocytic leukemia, the most common form of adult leukemia.
Oral ibrutinib demonstrated durable single-agent efficacy in relapsed or refractory mantle-cell lymphoma in one study, and showed a high frequency of durable remissions in relapsed or refractory chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) and small lymphocytic lymphoma in another study.
- Cholesterol-Lowering Drugs May Prevent Breast Cancer Recurrence
- Blood Test Predicts Stem Cell Transplant Success in Myelodysplastic Syndrome
- Idelalisib Increases Progression-Free Survival in Patients with Relapsed or Refractory Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Immunotherapy and the Future of Prostate Cancer Treatment
- Trends in Behaviors, Medical Practice Indicate Mortality From Melanoma Will Decline
- Survivors Reporting Chronic Neuropathic Pain Struggle to Retain Jobs
- Timing of Chemotherapy Infusion Affects Inflammatory Response to Chemotherapy
- Postoperative Gemcitabine Plus Capecitabine: A New Standard of Care for Pancreatic Cancer
- Blood-Forming Stem Cell Transplants (Fact Sheet)
- Nut Consumption Inversely Associated With Lung Cancer Risk
- E-cigarettes and Replacement Nicotine Therapy Safer Than Tobacco Use
- National Health Care Spending Expected to Grow Five Percent Annually
- Patients With Urologic Cancer Need Psycho-oncologic Support to Manage High Stress
- 1 Year of Adjuvant Trastuzumab Improves Long-Term DFS in Early Breast Cancer
- Lenalidomide Maintenance Appears Efficacious for Relapsed DLBCL
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|