Ibrutinib, idelalisib, ponatinib, and ruxolitinib are each associated with a variety of potential adverse effects and oncology nurses must be aware of these to successfully monitor for them.
Ibrutinib appears to be superior first kinase inhibitor for individuals with chronic lymphocytic leukemia, according to a recent real-world study.
A tenth of patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) discontinued therapy with the Bruton tyrosine kinase inhibitor ibrutinib because of disease progression during clinical trials, according to a study.
Study identifies reasons for ibrutinib discontinuation in patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemiaFebruary 27, 2015
About 10% of patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) treated with ibrutinib discontinued their therapy due to disease progression during clinical studies.
Genomic analyses of tumor and healthy tissue from patients with mantle cell lymphomas provided explanations for two types of resistance to ibrutinib and suggested ways to overcome them.
A new study has discovered how resistance develops in patients taking ibrutinib, a new and highly effective drug for the treatment of chronic lymphocytic leukemia.
Approval of ibrutinib (Imbruvica) has been expanded to include people with chronic lymphocytic leukemia.
A new study helps confirm that a molecule targeted by the experimental drug ibrutinib is critical for the development of chronic lymphocytic leukemia, the most common form of adult leukemia.
Oral ibrutinib demonstrated durable single-agent efficacy in relapsed or refractory mantle-cell lymphoma in one study, and showed a high frequency of durable remissions in relapsed or refractory chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) and small lymphocytic lymphoma in another study.
- Novel Blood Test Detects Cancer, Locates Tumor Without Invasive Procedures
- Cabozantinib Activates Innate Immune Response, Eliminating Prostate Cancer
- Shorter Treatment of Breast Cancer with Trastuzumab May Lead to Improved Results
- Colorectal Cancer Rates Increased Sharply Among Generation X and Millennials
- Pneumonia Associated With Common Cold May Cause Fatal Illness in Stem Cell Transplant Recipients
- Early Palliative Care Reduced ICU Use in Patients With Advanced Cancer
- Ginger Extract Raises Antioxidant Levels in Patients Undergoing Chemotherapy
- Nurse Navigators Improve Physician Engagement in Pretreatment Discussions
- Screening Increases Early Palliative Care, Reduces Aggressive EOL Measures
- Antiperspirants/Deodorants and Breast Cancer (Fact Sheet)
- Genome Sequencing Explains Resistance to CTLA-4 and PD-1 Inhibitors in Metastatic Melanoma
- Lifestyle Choices Have Greater Influence on Colon and Rectal Cancer Risk
- Kidney Cancer Metastases in Lung May Hide Undiagnosed Primary Lung Cancer
- Nasal Biomarker in Smokers Could Predict Lung Cancer
- Arm Lymphoscintigraphy After Axillary Lymph Node Dissection or Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy in Breast Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|