Hot Topics Items
Postmastectomy pain syndrome (PMPS) is a debilitating late effect of surgery and radiation therapy for breast cancer.
The decision to resume or begin dating after a cancer diagnosis can be particularly stressful.
Social media has become a mainstay of day-to-day life. For patients with cancer, it can be a lifeline to unprecedented support that is unique to their needs.
At what point is attentiveness being too nice? Ann Brady discusses how her words followed the patient's wishes, but her actions prompted an unexpected question.
At my current clinic, hydration and mannitol are administered before premedications on a cisplatin regimen; at previous clinic, premeds and hydration were administered before mannitol. Does it make a difference?
Cognitive-behavioral therapy techniques can help patients with cancer turn their negative thoughts into positive attitudes, as well as find meaning and purpose to their life.
Cancer research relies of patients with cancer to participate in clinical trials. However, many patients cite various fears and misconceptions — some supported by physicians - as reasons for why they decline to participate in clinical trials.
Reflecting on the 2 meanings of this simple word helps explain the nuances of communicating with cancer patients and their families at pivotal points of care.
Managing pain with opioids and keeping a close eye on adverse effects is an important part of cancer care. But there is room for improvement in pain management tools, and nurses play a key role in their evolution.
Sleep patterns and habits should be a part of oncology nurses' routine patient assessment, as sleep disorders can be a significant challenge for cancer patients undergoing radiation therapy.
To access additional digital issues, please click here.
- Social Media Platforms Assist Cancer Patients During Treatment Journey in Many Ways
- Breast Cancer Tumors Often a Composite of Tumor Types, Enhancing Treatment Resistance
- Massage Therapy Promising for Pain, Anxiety in Patients With Cancer
- Physical Activity May Reduce Mortality by 44% in Patients With Breast Cancer
- Early Tumor Size Change May Predict OS in Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Exercise is as Effective in Treating Metastatic Prostate Cancer as Medication
- Walnut Consumption Changes Gut Microbiome, Decreases Growth of Colon Cancer in Mice
- Triple-Drug Therapy Produces Response in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, Mouse Study Shows
- Vaccine Enters Phase I Study for Safety and Effectiveness in Multiple Myeloma
- Study Supports Increased Role for Surgery in Multimodality Therapy for Early Stage SCLC
- PMPS: A Common Late Effect of Surgery and Radiation for Breast Cancer
- TKIs Improve Overall Survival in NSCLC Patients With Leptomeningeal Metastases
- Risk for Adverse Pulmonary Events Higher in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Patient Expectations Linked to Clinical Outcome from Endocrine Treatment
- Daratumumab Plus Len-Dex an Encouraging Combo for Multiple Myeloma
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|