Hot Topics Items
Inducing vasoconstriction in the scalp of patients with breast cancer undergoing chemotherapy effectively reduces the amount of drug that reaches the hair follicles and hair-cell metabolism, minimizing one of the most dreaded side effects of treatment.
Culturally sensitive communications with Hispanic patients can help them understand their cancer diagnosis and treatment options.
Loss of bone density related to chemotherapy and adjuvant therapy for breast cancer can lead to debilitating hip and vertebral fractures. This discussion discusses the impact of resistance training for these patients.
Faced with a harsh treatment option, a patient with genitourinary cancer helps create a treatment plan that preserves his self-image.
A new card game helps patients and caregivers broach the difficult subject of end-of-life wishes and prioritize what's most important in their planning.
A growing proportion of cancer patients are elderly—creating a demographic shift with important implications for cancer care, including radiotherapy. Integrating geriatric care into oncology nursing has never been more important.
A nurse develops a tablet app that helps intubated patients communicate with their nurses, caregivers, and families.
How long were you a nurse before you felt competent? Reflections on creating an atmosphere of learning and growing from our own mistakes.
The patient's history and current blood work results indicated a dangerously high potassium level. But a meticulously handled redraw proved it false.
Cancers that cause more readily noticeable physical changes can produce self-image challenges for patients. This discussion reviews what interventions can help validate patients' self-image concerns.
To access additional digital issues, please click here.
- Acupuncture Improves Postoperative Symptoms in Women Undergoing Surgery for Breast Cancer
- Prehabilitation Program Improves Preoperative Fitness in Patients With Colorectal Cancer
- Alcohol Consumption, Particularly White Wine, Associated With Increased Risk of Melanoma
- Combination of Gemcitabine and New CHK1 Inhibitor Is Effective in Soft Tissue Sarcomas
- Omitting RT in Certain Older Women With Early Breast Cancer is Safe
- Exercise is as Effective in Treating Metastatic Prostate Cancer as Medication
- Walnut Consumption Changes Gut Microbiome, Decreases Growth of Colon Cancer in Mice
- Vaccine Enters Phase I Study for Safety and Effectiveness in Multiple Myeloma
- Timing Chemotherapy Administration to Circadian Rhythm Improves Drug Effectiveness
- New Therapy Blocks Breast Cancer Cells From Entering and Hiding in Bone Marrow to Form Latent Metastases
- Community Breast Navigation Program Improved Breast Screening Rates in Underserved African American and Latino Women
- Live-streamed Videos Address End-of-Life Planning, Decision-making
- Metastatic Disease Linked to Patients Reporting Diminished QoL
- History of Bilateral Salpingo-oophorectomy, Hormone Replacement Therapy Are Predictive of Breast Density at Cancer Diagnosis
- Mammographically Occult Contralateral Breast Cancer Detection is Effective With Preoperative MRI
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|