Hot Topics Items
Navigation, much like a nurse's career, evolves from a novice role that follows a set guideline for tasks to an integral part of the continuum of cancer care.
Effective patient-centered palliative care is contingent on access to supportive care, which may be lacking in rural areas. In this pilot program, researchers demonstrated a model that bridges that gap.
What is the best practice recommendation for nurse-to-patient ratio for patients receiving IL-2?
New templates from the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) will augment successful cancer survivorship care planning. But a stronger effort toward implementation is still needed.
How should severe mucositis from capecitabine (Xeloda) be managed?
Use of straightforward, age-appropriate language is essential to communicating with pediatric oncology patients about their cancer and treatments, and gaining their trust in the medical team.
Patients at a crossroads in their care may struggle with the decision to change the course of their care. Nurses need to find the balance between offering support and letting the patient go forward.
Given reservoir volume and catheter length, 2.2 mL of Cathflo does not seem to be enough volume to reach the tip, thus the sheath/clot. Are there any reports of using larger volumes?
Is there a new consensus about wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) when handling monoclonal antibodies (MABs) for infusion?
To access additional digital issues, please click here.
- Growing up with cancer: Understanding the challenges to adolescents and young adults (AYAs) coping with cancer
- Navigators have a key role in using genetics and genomics for cancer risk identification
- Using the navigation process to improve both your program and your patient outcomes
- Pilot program coordinates palliative care and support for rural communities
- Composing a CoC-compliant community health needs assessment (CHNA)
- Survivorship care plans: The shift back to primary care
- Scientists identify key to preventing metastatic breast cancer
- Noninvasive colon cancer screening promising for African Americans
- Cancer and intimate partner violence: Could you tell if one of your patients is a victim?
- Blood test detects breast cancer metastasis early
- High-grade cervical lesions declining in young women
- Early relapse of follicular lymphoma may increase risk of death
- Study identifies perception gap in incidence, impact of CINV/RINV
- Survival in adult patients with low-grade brain tumors has improved
- Blood antibodies may predict survival of HPV-positive oropharyngeal cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|