Proportion undergoing testing varies by demographic and health-related factors, and by state, a study found.
Only 41% of cancer survivors in the U.S. under 65 reported ever having a human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) test.
Adding steroids for the treatment of tuberculosis pericarditis in patients co-infected with HIV may increase the risk of cancer.
HIV-infected people with early stage cancer are two to four times more likely to go untreated for their cancer compared to uninfected patients with cancer, according to a new, large retrospective study.
HIV-infected individuals with cancer are less likely to receive treatment, according to a study published online in the Journal of Clinical Oncology.
Researchers have discovered a promising new way to treat a rare and aggressive blood cancer that is most commonly found in people infected with HIV.
HIV-positive patients have a higher incidence of nonmelanoma skin cancers. Specifically, basal cell and squamous cell carcinomas occur more than twice as often among HIV-positive persons.
In 2010, 32 percent had received three doses of vaccine; incidence of some HPV-linked cancers up.
High incidence compared to general population, especially for men who have sex with men.
Based on the current literature associating human papillomavirus (HPV) with head and neck cancer, what public health initiatives need to be implemented?
Targeted prophylaxis strategy is most cost-effective in highest risk men who have sex with men.
Phase 2 study shows overall response rate of 31 percent in patients with poor-prognosis HIV-KS.
Drugs to keep HIV-infected women from transmitting virus to fetus may trigger cleft defects.
- Women educated on overdiagnsosis are less likely to want mammogram
- New treatment method shrinks ovarian cancer tumors and improves chemotherapy effectiveness
- New mechanism of acquired resistance to breast cancer drugs discovered
- Novel drug approved for multiple myeloma
- Radiation therapy used most often for prostate cancer regardless of decision-making factors
- Single therapy offers improved survival in younger patients with limited brain metastases
- Use of adjuvant systemic therapy increasing for gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GIST)
- People who drink 3-5 cups of coffee per day less likely to develop clogged arteries
- Statin hyporesponders may have blocked arteries
- Link between nasal allergies increased risk of nasopharyngeal cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|