Generic Name and Formulations:
Tasimelteon 20mg; hard gel caps.
Vanda Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for HETLIOZ:
Treatment of non-24-hour sleep-wake disorder (Non-24).
Swallow whole. Take 20mg once daily before bedtime, at the same time every night. Do not take with food.
Risk of somnolence; can potentially impair the performance of activities requiring mental alertness. Severe hepatic impairment (Child-Pugh C): not recommended. Smokers. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat. C). Nursing mothers.
Avoid concomitant strong CYP1A2 inhibitors (eg, fluvoxamine), strong CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, ketoconazole), or others; effects may be increased. Avoid concomitant strong CYP3A4 inducers (eg, rifampin) or others; effects may be reduced. Tasimelteon exposure decreased by smoking (induction of CYP1A2 levels). Additive effects with alcohol.
Melatonin receptor agonist.
Headache, increased ALT, nightmares or unusual dreams, upper respiratory tract infection, urinary tract infection; somnolence.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- Medical Terms in Patient Education: Using the Confusing to Explain the Complicated
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Ciprofloxacin Plus Doxycycline Reduces Infection Rate in Multiple Myeloma Post-ASCT
- Prognostic Significance of Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Expression in Glioma Patients
- Fathers Can Pass Inherited Ovarian Cancer Risk to Daughters
- Modified XELIRI Noninferior to FOLFIRI for OS in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
- Nabilone Improves Cancer-Associated Anorexia in Lung Cancer
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|