HER2 Cancer Gene
Patients with HER2-positive, HR-positive advanced breast cancer experience significantly improved progression-free survival when pertuzumab is added to first-line trastuzumab and an AI compared with trastuzumab and an AI alone, according to study findings presented at SABCS 2016.
In this presentation at SABCS 2016, researchers present an evaluation of the ability of the PAM50 HER2-enriched intrinsic subtype to predict pathologic complete response in the breast in patients who received 18 weeks of neoadjuvant dual HER2 blockade.
Researchers investigated the potential of PID fluorescent nanoparticles, a novel detection technique to visualize and quantify protein in clinical samples, for quantifying HER2 protein expression in breast cancer, according to a study presented at SABCS 2016.
Two distinct causes of HER2 activation in lung cancer were demonstrated in a recent study. These findings imply that HER2-positive lung cancer may need different targeted therapies to combat these related but possibly distinct diseases.
Human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2) mutations may offer an important treatment target in a subset of patients with non-small cell lung cancer.
Evidence-based recommendations have been developed for chemotherapy and targeted therapy for women with HER2-negative advanced breast cancer.
A recent study of HER2 testing in a large cohort of women with breast cancer found important limitations in testing methods.
Massimo Cristofanilli, MD, talks about why the updated ASCO/CAP guidelines should support the use of mRNA and DNA microarray assays.
Researchers have found amplification of HER2—a known driver of some breast cancers—in a type of bladder cancer called micropapillary urothelial carcinoma (MPUC).
All persons with invasive breast cancer (early stage or recurrence) should undergo testing for human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2), and at least one tumor sample should be tested for either HER2 protein expression or HER2 gene amplification.
Irregularities in the expression of the HER2 growth-factor gene have been found in 14 different advanced solid tumors.
A new retrospective study suggests that anti-HER2 treatments have anti-cancer effects in a small subset of patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer who harbor specific mutations in the HER2 protein.
Newly approved for prostate cancer, enzalutamide may be useful as a therapeutic agent in breast cancer that evades other treatments.
The American Society of Clinical Oncology has released a nearly 100-page report detailing the year's most significant developments in cancer.
Combining a PI3K inhibitor with a PARP inhibitor may be an effective therapy for triple-negative breast cancer, researchers have determined.
PARP inhibitors may be a novel treatment strategy for women with HER2-positive breast cancers, researchers have found.
Many women with early breast cancer experienced a sustained immune response after immunization with a vaccine that fights HER2, and this may reduce their risk for more invasive cancer.
Study results indicate that women with HER2-positive metastatic breast cancer should receive trastuzumab and, potentially, chemotherapy, even if the cancer has spread to the brain.
A method employing fluorescent detection appears to be more adept than conventional immunohistochemistry in identifying estrogen receptor (ER)-positive breast cancers.
A new genetic test that will help health care providers determine whether women with breast cancer are eligible for treatment with trastuzumab (Herceptin) has been approved by the FDA.
Both new and recurring cancers will differ significantly from original tumors, and treatment should be tailored to the specific qualities of the second tumor.
The anticancer properties of olives have been highlighted in two research papers.
- Cholesterol-Lowering Drugs May Prevent Breast Cancer Recurrence
- Blood Test Predicts Stem Cell Transplant Success in Myelodysplastic Syndrome
- Idelalisib Increases Progression-Free Survival in Patients with Relapsed or Refractory Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Trends in Behaviors, Medical Practice Indicate Mortality From Melanoma Will Decline
- Immunotherapy and the Future of Prostate Cancer Treatment
- Survivors Reporting Chronic Neuropathic Pain Struggle to Retain Jobs
- Timing of Chemotherapy Infusion Affects Inflammatory Response to Chemotherapy
- Postoperative Gemcitabine Plus Capecitabine: A New Standard of Care for Pancreatic Cancer
- Blood-Forming Stem Cell Transplants (Fact Sheet)
- Nut Consumption Inversely Associated With Lung Cancer Risk
- Use of Checkpoint Inhibitors in Urothelial Carcinoma
- Chemo + Radiotherapy Efficacious in Muscle-invasive Bladder Cancer
- Elderly with NSCLC Can Tolerate Aggressive Radiation Therapy Treatments
- Colorectal Cancer Risk Higher With Poor Metabolic Health vs Increased Weight
- Best Approach to Infection and Tumor Treatment: Contain or Eliminate?
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|