A case of simultaneous PAP and MPN diagnoses demonstrate the importance of evaluating for GM-CSF autoantibodies to distinguish autoimmune and secondary forms of PAP.
MIT team develops simple, less painful diagnostic test for multiple myeloma using microfluidic chip and conventional blood sample.
In this review of the role of bortezomib in the treatment of multiple myeloma, the researchers explain what nurses need to watch for in patients taking this drug.
Research on the transformation of MDS to AML identifies a protein whose deletion is a potential tumor suppressor that would block this disease progression.
BRAF other MAPK pathway gene mutations associated with Erdheim-Chester disease reveal that ECD is a neoplastic disease.
Patients with psoriasis had 1.53 times greater risk of developing a malignancy, regardless of the type of psoriasis therapy they are receiving.
A novel agent, letermovir, reduced incidence of CMV in patients undergoing stem cell transplantation for hematologic malignancies.
A hematologic multidisciplinary oral chemotherapy clinic established at a community hospital identified adverse events early and reduced ED visits.
Carfilzomib significantly prolonged overall survival compared with bortezomib in patients with relapsed or refractory multiple myeloma.
Younger and usual adult body mass index (BMI) may be linked to increased risk for developing multiple myeloma, research indicates.
Lenalidomide maintenance appears efficacious for relapsed diffuse large B cell lymphoma.
Blood test combined with medical status information predicts stem cell transplant success in patients with MDS.
Patients who were surveyed reported that the benefits of treatment with BV outweighed its risks.
PD-1 blockade with pembrolizumab was active and induced durable responses in patients with natural killer (NK)/T-cell lymphoma failing L-asparaginase.
Bendamustine, bortezomib, and dexamethasone is efficacious and tolerable as first-line therapy for patients with myeloma ineligible to receive high-dose therapy.
Ibrutinib, idelalisib, ponatinib, and ruxolitinib are each associated with a variety of potential adverse effects and oncology nurses must be aware of these to successfully monitor for them.
Frontline Bosutinib Superior to Imatinib for Philadelphia Chromosome-Positive Chronic Myeloid Leukemia in Chronic PhaseFebruary 09, 2017
Bosutinib outperformed imatinib as first-line therapy for patients with Ph+ chronic myeloid leukemia in chronic phase, according to trial data.
In this study, researchers measured the psychological manifestations among patients with BCR-ABL-negative MPNs to determine the effects of anxiety, distress, and depression on symptom burden in this patient population.
Results are presented from the phase 3 ENDEAVOR trial, which demonstrated the effect of carfilzomib plus dexamethasone (Kd) vs bortezomib plus dexamathasone (Vd) on risk of disease progression or death in patients with relapsed or refractory multiple myeloma.
Azathioprine for the treatment of autoimmune disorders is significantly associated with an increased risk of acute myeloid leukemia and myelodysplastic syndromes.
A pooled analysis confirms the role of upfront autologous HCT as the standard approach for all young patients with multiple myeloma.
Ibrutinib appears to be superior first kinase inhibitor for individuals with chronic lymphocytic leukemia, according to a recent real-world study.
In this study, maintenance therapy with bortezomib plus thalidomide was compared with thalidomide alone or interferon alfa-2b alone in patients with newly diagnosed symptomatic multiple myeloma. Study findings demonstrate an impact on progression-free survival.
An assessment of depression in patients before autologous or allogeneic HCT demonstrated that the condition impacts overall survival and risk of GVDH in patients with hematologic malignancies.
Results of this study reveal the impact on quality of life and consequent adherence to therapy for patients with CML-CP receiving nilotinib as second-line therapy.
Researchers evaluated the molecular response in patients with CML-CP treated with pioglitazone in combination with imatinib, the results of which suggest that adding pioglitazone to a kinase inhibitor may have a synergistic effect.
Researchers sought to determine the influence of obesity on the transformation of MGUS, an asymptomatic plasma cell neoplasm, to multiple myeloma.
Investigators found black patients with multiple myeloma are less likely to use newer, more advanced treatments such as autologous HSCT or bortezumib, and explored factors contributing to this as well as the impact on this population.
In this study, researchers evaluated whether ruxolitinib, a JAK2 inhibitor that reduces symptoms in patients with myelofibrosis, would improve disease-related symptoms in patients with CLL.
- Whole Genome Sequencing Reveals that 12% of Childhood Cancer Survivors Have Mutations in Genes that Increase Cancer Risk
- Increased 5-Year Survival Rate Seen in NSCLC Subset Treated With Nivolumab
- Novel Test For Multiple Myeloma Uses Microchip, Conventional Blood Sample
- Health Care Expansion Tied to Increased Rates of Surgical Treatment of Thyroid Cancer
- Including Informal Caregivers of Elderly in Discharge Process Reduces Readmission Risk
- Exercise, Psychological Interventions Better for Cancer Fatigue Than Medications
- ASCO Issues Global Guidance for HPV Vaccination for Cervical Cancer Prevention
- Discharge Events Improved With Standardized Inpatient Palliative Care Consultation
- Little Opposition to Early Palliative Care for Symptom Management in Pediatric Oncology
- Physical Activity Improves Outcomes for Patients with Breast Cancer and Survivors
- Use of Counseling, Surgery Rates Show Limited Physician Knowledge of Breast Cancer Genetic Testing
- Family History Does Not Exclude Active Surveillance as Treatment Option for Prostate Cancer
- Beans, Whole Grains in Diet Beneficial for Colorectal Cancer Survivors
- Hormone Refractory Prostate Cancer Responds to Abiraterone Acetate in Some Cases
- Shifts in Cancer Burden for People With HIV Projected
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|