Treatment options for von Willebrand Disease (VWD).
1. In a review of children who presented to a specialist hematology clinic with isolated mild or moderate low platelet counts, though causes were variable, most required no interventions. 2. Pediatric patients with isolated mild or moderate thrombocytopenia may not need specialist referral to hematology in most circumstances. Evidence Rating Level: 2 (Good) Study Rundown: 
Patients with hematologic cancers often require a combination of inpatient and outpatient care. The oncology nurse navigator is an ideal care provider to help patients manage their care and transitions between care settings, according to a presentation at the 2018 ONA Navigation Summit.
Consultations for palliative care for hospitalized highly symptomatic patients with cancer is low regardless of curability or whether patient has hematologic or solid cancer, a study presented at 2018 ASCO has shown.
A newly developed web site, described in a presentation at the 2018 ONS Annual Congress, aims to help nurses and patients explore clinical trial options for patients with hematologic cancers.
Researchers assessed the effectiveness of low level laser therapy in preventing or minimizing oral mucositis in patients with hematologic cancers preparing to undergo HSCT. Results were presented at the 2018 ONS Annual Congress.
A presentation at 2018 ONS Congress described the success of a class focused on preparing patients and their families to management their care after discharge.
Patients with lymphoma were interviewed to determine their evaluation of a program that offered continuing clinical care with a nurse-led intervention in the early months of survivorship.
[Cancer Management and Research] A review of marginal zone lymphomas, a common and varied group of hematologic malignancies, and their treatment, with a focus on the Bruton's tyrosine kinase ibrutinib.
Slight changes in taste perceptions are noted in patients undergoing HSCT for hematologic cancers. In this study, researchers sought to determine how these changes affect quality of life and nutritional intake.
Researchers compared survival outcomes of thiotepa-based intensified RIC vs standard RIC among patients undergoing cord-blood transplantation (CBT).
A report on how variations in the effects of geriatric syndromes and aging can affect treatment modality choices and outcomes for the eldest older adults with hematologic cancers.
Study data suggest that cognitive impairments may be associate with worse survival among patients with hematologic cancer.
The US FDA granted approval to fostamatinib (Tavalisse), a kinase inhibitor, for the treatment of thrombocytopenia in patients with chronic IPT who have had an insufficient response to a previous treatment.
The ALLIVE trial sought to determine if eLPI levels were predictive of iron-related toxicity and mortality after HCT in patients with AML or MDS.
A cross-sectional study asked patients with hematologic cancers to name the components of care they felt were most crucial to their perception of optimal care.
Researchers investigated the antileukemic activity of metformin and ruxolitinib alone and in combination in patients with myeloproliferative neoplasms.
A retrospective study evaluated timing, frequency, dosing, and other factors related to bisphosphonate therapy in patients with multiple myeloma.
Researchers present findings of a study assessing the value of SESM evaluations in patients with hematologic cancer prior to undergoing SCT at the NACNS 2018 Annual Conference.
Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP) may be linked to an increased risk of cardiovascular disease, but studies have not been conclusive.
Researchers report on their findings of a retrospective study that compared pomalidomide plus dexamethasone vs dexamethasone alone in patients with relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma.
In this prospective study, researchers sought to compare the effectiveness of IV methylprednisolone vs oral prednisone in hospitalized patients with newly diagnosed ITP.
A retrospective chart study demonstrated the effectiveness of fosfomycin as an antibacterial prophylaxis for febrile neutropenia in patients with hematologic cancer.
In this randomized trial, investigators sought to determine the effectiveness of high-dose dexamethasone vs conventional prednisone therapy in treatment-naïve patients with ITP. Results were presented at ASH 2017.
A retrospective study, presented at ASH 2017, determined the effectiveness of aspirin in reducing risk of VTE in patients with multiple myeloma at high risk of developing VTE.
Data presented at ASH 2017 confirm that ruxolitinib improves hematocrit control, hematologic remission, and reduction in spleen size in some patients with polycythemia vera who fail hydroxyurea.
Ibrutinib — a Bruton tyrosine kinase inhibitor — is currently used among patients with WM who have previously received treatment. This prospective, phase 2 study sought to determine its efficacy as a first-line therapy in treatment-naive patients.
A head-to-head comparison investigated whether patients with multiple myeloma achieved greater prolongation in overall survival with daratumumab monotherapy or pomalidomide plus low-dose dexamethasone.
Young patients with chronic ITP may experience relapse within 5 years of completing therapy. In this study, investigators sought to determine if the 4R+3Dex regimen for chronic ITP would improve response rates in pediatric patients with the disease.
In this analysis, researchers measured the impact and effectiveness of supportive treatments for moderate to severe anemia in patients with lymphoma or multiple myeloma, based on patient-reported outcomes.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|