Hematologic Cancer News and Features
Researchers report on their findings of a retrospective study that compared pomalidomide plus dexamethasone vs dexamethasone alone in patients with relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma.
In this prospective study, researchers sought to compare the effectiveness of IV methylprednisolone vs oral prednisone in hospitalized patients with newly diagnosed ITP.
1. Patients diagnosed with monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance (MGUS) and followed for multiple decades showed shorter overall survival rates compared to matched controls. 2. Risk of progression to multiple myeloma or another blood cell disorder was associated with identified adverse risk factors. Evidence Rating: 1 (Excellent) Study Rundown: MGUS is a relatively common condition 
A retrospective chart study demonstrated the effectiveness of fosfomycin as an antibacterial prophylaxis for febrile neutropenia in patients with hematologic cancer.
The safety of breast implants has not been confirmed despite widespread use.
In this randomized trial, investigators sought to determine the effectiveness of high-dose dexamethasone vs conventional prednisone therapy in treatment-naïve patients with ITP. Results were presented at ASH 2017.
A retrospective study, presented at ASH 2017, determined the effectiveness of aspirin in reducing risk of VTE in patients with multiple myeloma at high risk of developing VTE.
Data presented at ASH 2017 confirm that ruxolitinib improves hematocrit control, hematologic remission, and reduction in spleen size in some patients with polycythemia vera who fail hydroxyurea.
Ibrutinib — a Bruton tyrosine kinase inhibitor — is currently used among patients with WM who have previously received treatment. This prospective, phase 2 study sought to determine its efficacy as a first-line therapy in treatment-naive patients.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
- Zinc Sulfate Improves Chemotherapy-Induced Mucositis Outcomes in Leukemia
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Travel Distance to Prostate Cancer Treatment Influences Treatment Choice
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|