Hematologic Cancer News and Features
Stem Cell Transplantation Superior to Chemotherapy for Relapsed/Refractory DLBCL, Follicular Lymphoma
A review of therapy options for relapsed/refractory DLBCL and FL compared SCT with chemotherapy/immunotherapy and experimental regimes. Patients fared better with SCT than other treatment modalities.
A snapshot of an international Commission's report on the issues inherent with adverse event reports of hematologic malingnancies in clinical trials.
A retrospective follow-up study demonstrates that tandem autologous-allogeneic is safe for standard and high-risk multiple myeloma. However, benefits do not extend to patients with ultra-high-risk disease and those with disease progression after autologous HCT.
BMI often relies on self-reported weight and height values, and therefore may be a less accurate predictor of cancer risk than alternative body composition measurements.
A substudy of a multinational study sought to determine the risk to ovarian function with ABVD, AVD, and BEACOPP regimens on ovarian function in women with Hodgkin lymphoma.
A retrospective study of platelet- and infection-related data from patients with ITP revealed the influence platelet levels have on infections as well as efficacy of transfusions.
The family and friends of a patient diagnosed with blood cancer are often eager to help but unsure how to go about it. This article offers 8 practical tips oncology nurses can share with caregivers.
An international multidisciplinary panel of experts in pediatric oncology and infectious diseases convened to develop recommendations for the prevention and treatment of C difficile infection in pediatric patients with cancer or who are undergoing HSCT.
In the EBMT ALWP study, researchers sought to determine the efficacy of myeloablative conditioning to reduce the risk for post allogeneic HCT in patients with sAML without significantly increasing non-relapse mortality.
Researchers found that stable responses occurred in 18 percent of patients on fostamatinib, versus 2 percent on placebo.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Leukemia Risk in Children, Maternal Use of Hormonal Contraception Linked in Population Study
- CheckMate 067 Gives Nivolumab Alone, With Ipilimumab the Nod in Advanced Melanoma
- New Method Estimates Risk for Breast Cancer Recurrence
- Molecular Features May Predict Response in Primary Pancreatic Cancer
- Medication, Vaccination Uptake Improved by Involving Pharmacists in Elder Cancer Care
- Navigating Prostate Cancer: A Patient's Experience From Diagnosis to Survivor
- Cell Phones and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- How Likely Are Oncologists to Refer for Palliative Care? Depends on Their Age
- Use of Corticosteroids With PD-1 or PD-L1 Inhibitors Associated With Poorer Outcomes in NSCLC
- Chemoimmunotherapy Increases Survival in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer
- Counseling Patients on Oral Chemotherapy
- Patients and Caregivers Worry About Cost of Cancer Care
- Stem Cell Transplantation Superior to Chemotherapy for Relapsed/Refractory DLBCL, Follicular Lymphoma
- Head and Neck Cancer Survivors Have Increased Suicide Risk
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Survivorship Marked by Periods of Actionable Distress
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|