Health Care Costs
Research on the effects of research demonstrated that oncology-related clinical trials provide measurable benefits in terms
Doses May Be Adjusted for Treating NSCLC Patients
[Cancer Management and Research] This research examines the pros and cons of the Affordable Care Act enactment and the possible beneficial role biosimilars may play in this environment.
Risk of nonadherence was lower for survivors reporting a usual source of care than those without
More public tolerance for health care inequalities has been observed in the United States than other countries.
Percentage increases in costs associated with obesity were highest for medications, higher for women
Tai chi is as effective as cognitive behavioral therapy for insomnia (CBT-I) for the treatment of insomnia in breast cancer survivors.
For those aged 75 to 84 years, LIS receipt linked to increased odds of receiving immunomodulatory drugs
Although premiums may lower over the long-term, many would face much higher out-of-pocket costs under the new plan.
Nine-point plan includes streamlining billing, reducing high facility fees, and reducing drug costs.
Only twenty percent of Americans support repeal of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), but overall opinions differ by political affiliation.
I hear the term "financial toxicity" used more and more when people are discussing the cost of cancer treatments. What exactly is financial toxicity?
Despite the ACA mandate on coverage for clinical trial participants, many facilities involved in cancer research still coping with insurance denials for participants.
Follow-up via mobile app similar to in-person postoperative visits for low-risk ambulatory patients after breast reconstruction.
A free lung cancer screening program in Augusta, Georgia, found more than double the lung cancer rate of previous screenings.
Standardized palliative care consultations for patients with advanced cancer improved postdischarge activities and use of services.
Health care costs lower for early-stage breast cancer when adjuvant radiation therapy follows evidence-based guidelines.
Shorter course of higher dose radiation therapy provide effective treatment, costs less, and is easier on patients than current standard radiation therapy course.
Although 75 percent of provider organizations can offer estimate, less than 25 percent of patients request one.
Researchers found that non-elderly cancer survivors may be particularly vulnerable to financial toxicity.
Researchers sought to conduct a cost-effectiveness analysis of immunotherapy for patients with advanced melanoma.
Researchers estimate that from 2016 to 2025, national health expenditures will grow at an annual rate of 5.6 percent yearly.
The Patient Care Connect Program lowers Medicare costs and provides other benefits, research indicates.
First-in-class drugs are fast-tracked while follow-on drugs can take up to 15 years to be approved by the FDA.
In his plenary lecture at 2016 SABCS, Peter P. Bach, MD, MAPP, reviewed the factors contributing to escalating drug prices and the significance of drug prices in the value of a cancer treatment regimen.
For patients with head and neck or lung cancer, stepped care programs may offer a more affordable yet effective approach.
A study presented at SABCS 2016 reports on the incidence of complications and costs in women who undergo breast-conserving surgery for breast carcinoma.
More Americans are experiencing relief with medical bills, but there is still room for improvement.
Economic Burden Related to Chemotherapy-related Adverse Events in Patients with Metastatic Breast Cancer in an Integrated Health Care SystemNovember 04, 2016
[Breast Cancer: Targets and Therapy] This research evaluates costs related to chemotherapy-related adverse events in patients with metastatic breast cancer in an integrated health care delivery system.
A recent study examined the current economic burden attributable to vaccine-preventable diseases among U.S. adults.
- Immunotherapy May Benefit Some Patients with Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma
- New Study Questions Standard Dosage for Treating Metastatic Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Superior Tolerability, Efficacy With Alectinib in Treatment-Naïve ALK-poistive NSCLC
- Adding Pertuzumab to Adjuvant Therapy Is Beneficial for Some Women with Early Breast Cancer
- Clinical Trials May Benefit Oncology Patients
- Survivorship Care Plans: Providing A Blueprint for Health Care After Cancer
- Cancer Recurrence Fear Reduced by Novel Psychological Intervention
- Multifaceted Role of the Nurse Navigator Includes Palliative, Supportive Care
- Patient Navigators Found to Boost Lung Cancer Screening Rates
- Breast Cancer Diagnosis and Nurse Navigation Survey
- Radiotherapy is Essential in Treating Brain Tumors But Associated With Significant Adverse Events
- Prostate-specific PET and CT Imaging Improves Detection of Disease and Patient Care
- Lenvatinib Improves OS, PFS in Radioiodine-Refractory Differentiated Thyroid Cancer in All Older Patients
- Breast Cancer Overdiagnosis Also a Result of Screening Mammography Programs
- Use of Aspirin, NSAIDs Correlates with Improved Overall Survival in Colorectal Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|