Obese individuals with type 2 diabetes should perform resistance exercises after dinner
the ONA take:
According to a new study published in the Journal of Applied Physiology, researchers from the University of Missouri Department of Nutrition and Exercise Physiology have found that individuals with type 2 diabetes can decrease their risk of cardiovascular diseases more effectively by exercising after dinner.
For the study, researchers studied the effects of resistance exercises, such as abdominal crunches, leg curls, and seated calf raises in obese individuals with type 2 diabetes. During one visit, participants exercised for 45 minutes before eating dinner and after dinner during another visit.
Results showed that participants who exercised before dinner were only able to reduce the blood sugar levels, but participants who exercised after dinner were able to reduce both fat and sugar levels. This research may provide insight for those who exercise every day but are not experiencing any weight loss benefit.
The researchers also found that blood sugar and fat level improvements did not extend into the next day, suggesting that individuals need to practice daily resistance exercise after to dinner to maintain these improvements.
Individuals with type 2 diabetes can decrease their risk of cardiovascular diseases more effectively by exercising after dinner.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Avoiding the ED: Planned Strategies for Unplanned Urgent Cancer Care
- NP-Led Clinics Improved Phase 1 Oncology Study Operations, Outcomes
- Art as Palliative Care: Bedside Intervention Improves Pain, Anxiety, Mood in Hospitalized Cancer Patients
- Unprotected Sex After Chemotherapy
- Mindfulness Training May Improve End-of-Life Conversations in Advanced Cancer
- Study Suggests Greater Focus on the Needs of Family Caregivers of Patients With Cancer
- First Antibody-Based Treatment Regimen Approved for First-Line Treatment of Multiple Myeloma
- Increased Diabetes Risk Associated With Cancer Development
- Childhood Neuroblastoma Survivors at Risk for Psych Impairment
- Drug Classification of Trastuzumab
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|