Text message reminders improve how women manage breast cancer screening
the ONA take:
Researchers in the United Kingdom conducted a trial in which a text-message reminder program was used for women to undergo breast cancer screening.
They found that women who received a reminder were 20% more likely to attend their appointment. The biggest impact was seen in women in deprived areas; these women were 28% more likely to attend their first screening.
In addition, women were almost three times more likely to cancel their appointment in advance after receiving a text message.
The researchers conclude that a simple, inexpensive text-message reminder could increase the number of women who attend breast cancer screening.
It also increases the number who cancel in advance, thereby saving valuable NHS resources.
They found that women who received a reminder were 20% more likely to attend their breast cancer screening appointment.
- Novel Colonoscopy Prep Is Poised to Improve Screening Rates for Colon Cancer
- PPIs Negatively Impact Outcomes of Patients Treated With Capecitabine
- How Physical Changes From Breast Cancer Affect Self-Image: Considerations for Clinicians
- Short-Term Intervention May Have Long-term Diet Effect in Hispanic Breast Cancer Survivors
- Panobinostat Modestly Improves OS in Relapsed Multiple Myeloma
- Overall Benefits of Vaporized Nicotine Products Outweigh Harms, Says International Panel of Experts
- Sugar and Cancer: Mitigating the Affects of Diet on Cancer
- Nurse Residency Programs Can Impact Oncology Nursing Practice, Outcomes
- Implementing a Distress Screening Process for Cancer Patients
- Initiating Palliative Care in the Emergency Department
- Hydroxyurea May Improve Kidney Function in PV-Associated Nephrotic Syndrome
- Childhood Cancer Linked to Poor Diet Quality in Adult Survivors
- Atypical Teratoid/rhabdoid Tumors: Challenges and Search for Solutions
- New Research Identifies Potential Bladder Cancer Chemotherapy Side Effect
- Pseudohyperkalemia: False Potassium Levels Occur in a Patient With Lymphoma
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|