Multiple myeloma uses a trick akin to a wolf in sheep's clothing to grow in and spread to new bone sites.
Patients with oropharyngeal cancer who were found to have detectable traces of human papillomavirus type 16 (HPV16) in their saliva.
Timeliness of referral for cancer tests can have a significant impact on patients' overall satisfaction.
Moderate to heavy drinking might cut the likelihood of disability for people with chronic widespread pain.
Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and near-infrared spectral tomography (NIRST) is feasible and more accurate than MRI alone
Exercise women performed during their teenage years may have an impact on their risk of dying from cancer or other causes as adults.
A single molecule appears to be the central regulator driving metastasis in prostate cancer.
An online registry that matches women with research studies and clinical trials enrolled study participants more quickly.
Single administration of fosaprepitant meglumine no less effective for preventing acute and delayed nausea and vomiting symptoms.
Black men are twice as likely to be diagnosed with, or die from, prostate cancer in their lifetime compared to white men.
An increasing number of oncology/hematology treatments will consist of oral oncolytics, and oncology programs are needed to manage the treatment of patients following these regimens.
BALTIMORE, MD—For more aggressive cases of non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL), posttreatment surveillance with molecular imaging could mean the early start of a new, life-saving treatment. This was presented at the Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging (SNMMI) 2015 Annual Meeting.
CHICAGO, IL—Functional subtyping with a multigene classifier resulted in 1 in 5 tumors being reclassified compared with conventional immunohistochemistry/fluorescent in situ hybridization (IHC/FISH) analysis. This study was presented at the 2015 American Society for Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Annual Meeting.
Expanded surgical margins during a partial mastectomy could be beneficial for patients, preventing further surgery.
Clinical trial results showed good performance employing the investigational drug brigatinib against ALK-positive non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
- In breast cancer survivors, lidocaine may relieve pain during intercourse
- Likelihood of lung cancer screening update
- Generic meds may boost survival in some early breast cancers
- Aromatase inhibitors substantially reduce risk of death in ER-positive breast cancer
- Activated T cell therapy developed for advanced melanoma
- Avocados may hold the answer to beating leukemia
- Cardio-oncology services may improve patient care if more widely available
- Acrylamide in Food and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Managing oral oncology/hematology treatments in your practice
- Universal health literacy precautions recommended to assist patient understanding
- Multiple myeloma uses "wolf in sheep's clothing" tactic to avoid immune response in bone
- Comparison of zoledronic acid dosing schedules finds less frequent schedule noninferior
- HPV16 detection after oropharyngeal cancer treatment may increase risk for recurrence
- Delayed referrals, diagnoses undermine cancer patients' faith in health care system
- Alcohol Consumption Linked with Less Disability in Chronic Pain
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|