Researchers analyzed data from the NPCR of Sweden to determine whether more US men with prostate cancer would choose active surveillance if it were presented as a treatment option.
The US FDA granted accelerated approval to olaratumab (Lartruvo) in combination with doxorubicin for the treatment of certain patients with soft tissue sarcoma.
POLST Programs Can Benefit From the APRN-Patient Relationship
The clinical course of a patient with polycythemia vera and proteinuria whose biopsy lead to a diagnosis of focal segmental glomerulosclerosis is described.
Epidemiologic study reveals the impact of cancer and its treatment on diet quality among adult survivors of childhood cancers.
A recent study undertaken sought to examine the effects of chemotherapy on bladder cancer cells and possible connections to later treatment resistance.
Atezolizumab (Tecentriq) is approved by the FDA for the treatment of metastatic NSCLC in specific cases or tumors with EGFR or ALK gene mutations.
Sublingual fentanyl is used to manage breakthrough pain in adults with cancer who are already receiving opioid therapy for underlying persistent cancer pain. In this study, researchers evaluated the effect of low doses of sublingual fentanyl in patients who are receiving low opioid doses for background analgesia.
Researchers examined the long-term effects of a short-term culturally based dietary intervention on increasing the consumption of fruits and vegetables, decreasing fat, and changing biomarkers associated with recurrence in Hispanic breast cancer survivors.
This study assessed whether the implementation of a patient educational program would improve patterns in the use, storage, and disposal of opioids among cancer outpatients.
The multikinase inhibitor regorafenib significantly improved overall survival rates compared to placebo in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma, according to data from the phase 3 RESORCE trial.
CT-Based Technique for Body Mass Measurements of Patients With Cancer Improves Disease Staging, Therapy Monitoring
A new method of measuring lean body mass accounts for changes in body composition, enabling improved disease staging and monitoring of therapy.
Ibrutinib treatment for chronic lymphocytic leukemia with the deletion of chromosome 17p (del17p CLL) increases the percentage of patients alive at 30 months over other therapies for del17p CLL.
Including an antiemetic in the preprocedure medications for patients with liver cancer undergoing drug eluting bead chemoembolization (DEB TACE) can shorten hospital stays and reduce the chance for readmission due to complications.
Results from phase II trial on the use of FDG-PET to evaluate the efficacy of an immunotherapy drug in the treatment of NSCLC.
- Novel Colonoscopy Prep Is Poised to Improve Screening Rates for Colon Cancer
- Short-Term Intervention May Have Long-term Diet Effect in Hispanic Breast Cancer Survivors
- Childhood Cancer Linked to Poor Diet Quality in Adult Survivors
- Low-Dose Sublingual Fentanyl Safe, Effective in Patients Receiving Lower Opioid Doses
- Panobinostat Modestly Improves OS in Relapsed Multiple Myeloma
- Overall Benefits of Vaporized Nicotine Products Outweigh Harms, Says International Panel of Experts
- Sugar and Cancer: Mitigating the Affects of Diet on Cancer
- Nurse Residency Programs Can Impact Oncology Nursing Practice, Outcomes
- Implementing a Distress Screening Process for Cancer Patients
- Initiating Palliative Care in the Emergency Department
- Study Suggests More Men With Prostate Cancer Would Choose Active Surveillance if it Were Offered
- The Bounty of Failure: A Well-Versed Nursing Experience
- Olaratumab in Combo With Doxorubicin Approved for Soft Tissue Sarcoma
- POLST Programs Can Benefit from the Relationship Between Patients and Nurse Practitioners
- Hydroxyurea May Improve Kidney Function in PV-Associated Nephrotic Syndrome
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|