The pioneering prostate cancer drug abiraterone can significantly extend the lives of men with advanced prostate cancer if administered prior to administering chemotherapy, according to phase III clinical trial data.
Data clearly demonstrated stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS) alone offered benefits for younger patients with limited metastases.
Localized gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GISTs) are rarely seen, but are the most common sarcomas in the gastrointestinal tract.
People who drink a moderate amount of coffee each day are less likely to develop clogged arteries that could cause heart attacks.
Low density lipoprotein (LDL), or "bad cholesterol," stays the same or increases after taking statin medications.
Patients with allergic rhinitis may have an increased risk of developing nasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC), according to a study.
Poorer outcome seen in study when tumor began on the organ's right side
New research suggests that active surveillance may be an initial approach for men with favorable intermediate-risk prostate cancer.
A recent study has determined that radiation therapy is the most common treatment for prostate cancer regardless of cancer stage, PSA level, or prognosis and risk rating.
Prostate cancer patients with detectable prostate specific antigen (PSA) following radical prostatectomy are advised to receive more aggressive radiation therapy treatment, according to a study.
The risk of disease recurrence in liver cancer patients who have undergone a liver transplant can now be more accurately calculated, thanks to new tool.
Patients with rectal cancer that experienced a complete response had similar 4-year survival rates regardless of whether they had immediate surgery or pursued a watch-and-wait approach.
Long-term outcomes improved by combining bevacizumab with newer chemotherapy regimen for advanced colorectal cancer
A phase III study of patients with metastatic colorectal cancer has indicated that FOLFOXIRI chemotherapy, in combination with bevacizumab, is superior to the standard FOLFIRI chemotherapy with bevacizumab.
There is increasing evidence that adolescent and young adult patients with acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) tend to fare better when treated with high-intensity pediatric protocols than standard adult regimens.
The compound PRM-151 (PRM) has shown success in reducing progressive bone marrow fibrosis in patients with advanced myelofibrosis.
- Women educated on overdiagnsosis are less likely to want mammogram
- New treatment method shrinks ovarian cancer tumors and improves chemotherapy effectiveness
- New mechanism of acquired resistance to breast cancer drugs discovered
- Novel drug approved for multiple myeloma
- Radiation therapy used most often for prostate cancer regardless of decision-making factors
- Two major studies strengthen case for prostate cancer drug before chemotherapy
- Single therapy offers improved survival in younger patients with limited brain metastases
- Use of adjuvant systemic therapy increasing for gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GIST)
- People who drink 3-5 cups of coffee per day less likely to develop clogged arteries
- Statin hyporesponders may have blocked arteries
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|