Staff nurse, manager performance dashboards can help measure improved patient care practices
the ONA take:
A qualitative study demonstrated that nurses and unit managers can use unit-specific dashboards to monitor performance and drive quality improvement efforts. Performance data can help monitor and guide interventions intended to improve the quality and safety of patient care.
Dashboards are interactive computerized tools that display performance data. A large urban teaching hospital in Toronto, Canada, implemented unit-specific dashboards throughout the facility. Then, six units were selected for the qualitative study, comprising 51 front-line nurses and 5 unit managers, to get their insight on the use of dashboards.
The Care Utilising Evidence dashboard was described as a visual tool nurses and managers used to keep track of processes of care and patient outcomes and experiences at the unit level. The data showed the impact of the nursing care provided to patients, and nurses were able to use these data to identify quality care improvements specific to their unit.
The study results suggest that investing in dashboards may be an effective way to optimize the use of performance data as a quality improvement strategy.
Performance data can help monitor and guide interventions intended to improve the quality and safety of patient care.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Avoiding the ED: Planned Strategies for Unplanned Urgent Cancer Care
- NP-Led Clinics Improved Phase 1 Oncology Study Operations, Outcomes
- Art as Palliative Care: Bedside Intervention Improves Pain, Anxiety, Mood in Hospitalized Cancer Patients
- Unprotected Sex After Chemotherapy
- Mindfulness Training May Improve End-of-Life Conversations in Advanced Cancer
- Aligning Patient Goals With End of Life Treatment Decisions
- Study Suggests Greater Focus on the Needs of Family Caregivers of Patients With Cancer
- First Antibody-Based Treatment Regimen Approved for First-Line Treatment of Multiple Myeloma
- Increased Diabetes Risk Associated With Cancer Development
- Childhood Neuroblastoma Survivors at Risk for Psych Impairment
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|