Staff nurse, manager performance dashboards can help measure improved patient care practices
the ONA take:
A qualitative study demonstrated that nurses and unit managers can use unit-specific dashboards to monitor performance and drive quality improvement efforts. Performance data can help monitor and guide interventions intended to improve the quality and safety of patient care.
Dashboards are interactive computerized tools that display performance data. A large urban teaching hospital in Toronto, Canada, implemented unit-specific dashboards throughout the facility. Then, six units were selected for the qualitative study, comprising 51 front-line nurses and 5 unit managers, to get their insight on the use of dashboards.
The Care Utilising Evidence dashboard was described as a visual tool nurses and managers used to keep track of processes of care and patient outcomes and experiences at the unit level. The data showed the impact of the nursing care provided to patients, and nurses were able to use these data to identify quality care improvements specific to their unit.
The study results suggest that investing in dashboards may be an effective way to optimize the use of performance data as a quality improvement strategy.
Performance data can help monitor and guide interventions intended to improve the quality and safety of patient care.
- Immunotherapy May Benefit Some Patients with Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma
- Screening Recommendations for Children with Common Cancer Predisposition Syndromes
- Significance of Prostate Cancer Treatment-Related Factors Differ in Black, White Men
- Superior Tolerability, Efficacy With Alectinib in Treatment-Naïve ALK-poistive NSCLC
- New Study Questions Standard Dosage for Treating Metastatic Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Survivorship Care Plans: Providing A Blueprint for Health Care After Cancer
- Multifaceted Role of the Nurse Navigator Includes Palliative, Supportive Care
- Cancer Recurrence Fear Reduced by Novel Psychological Intervention
- Patient Navigators Found to Boost Lung Cancer Screening Rates
- Lack of Transfusion Services a Barrier to Hospice Care for Patients With Blood Cancers
- Aspirin Use May Lower Breast Cancer Risk in Women with Diabetes
- Ethnic Differences, Cultural Barriers Negatively Impact Mammography Follow-up Among Asian Ethnic Groups
- Study Questions Safety of E-cigarettes vs Regular Tobacco Cigarettes
- Changes in Pulmonary Function Tests in Breast Carcinoma Patients Treated With Locoregional Post-mastectomy Radiotherapy: Results of a Pilot Study
- Increases in Liver Cancer Incidence Influenced by Higher Rates of Comorbidities
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|