Phase II trial shows drug combination promising in advanced melanoma
the ONA take:
Clinical trial shows simultaneous administration of ipilimumab and nivolumab produced better treatment response in patients with advanced melanoma who had received no prior treatment.
The phase II, double-blind trial enrolled 142 patients with advanced melanoma who had not received prior treatments. The patients were randomly assigned to receive ipilimumab plus nivolumab followed by nivolumab alone or ipilimumab plus placebo followed by placebo alone.
The ipilimumab-nivolumab combination produced an overall response rate of 60% in the 109 patients without BRAF mutations, including 17% complete response and 43% partial response rates.
The ipilimumab-placebo combination resulted in overall response rate of 11%, with no complete responses and 11% partial response rate.
Among the 33 patients with BRAF V600 mutations, overall response rate was 44%, including 17% complete response and 26% partial response rates.
Ipilimumab and nivolumab produced better treatment response in patients with advanced melanoma who had received no prior treatment.
- Immunotherapy May Benefit Some Patients with Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma
- Screening Recommendations for Children with Common Cancer Predisposition Syndromes
- Significance of Prostate Cancer Treatment-Related Factors Differ in Black, White Men
- Superior Tolerability, Efficacy With Alectinib in Treatment-Naïve ALK-poistive NSCLC
- New Study Questions Standard Dosage for Treating Metastatic Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Survivorship Care Plans: Providing A Blueprint for Health Care After Cancer
- Multifaceted Role of the Nurse Navigator Includes Palliative, Supportive Care
- Cancer Recurrence Fear Reduced by Novel Psychological Intervention
- Patient Navigators Found to Boost Lung Cancer Screening Rates
- Lack of Transfusion Services a Barrier to Hospice Care for Patients With Blood Cancers
- Aspirin Use May Lower Breast Cancer Risk in Women with Diabetes
- Ethnic Differences, Cultural Barriers Negatively Impact Mammography Follow-up Among Asian Ethnic Groups
- Study Questions Safety of E-cigarettes vs Regular Tobacco Cigarettes
- Changes in Pulmonary Function Tests in Breast Carcinoma Patients Treated With Locoregional Post-mastectomy Radiotherapy: Results of a Pilot Study
- Increases in Liver Cancer Incidence Influenced by Higher Rates of Comorbidities
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|