HPV16 seropositivity relatively common prior to diagnosis of anal cancer
the ONA take:
According to a new study published online in the Journal of Clinical Oncology, researchers from the National Cancer Institute in Bethesda, Maryland, have found that human papillomavirus (HPV) type 16 (HPV16) seropositivity is relatively common in people prior to receiving a diagnosis of anal cancer.
Because the European Prospective Investigation Into Cancer and Nutrition Study found that HPV16 E6 seropositivity was present in people more than 10 years prior to being diagnosed with oropharyngeal cancer, researchers sought to investigate the extent to which HPV16 E6 seropositivity was present before the diagnosis of anogenital cancers.
Researchers identified 400 cases of anogenital cancers and 718 matched control in which prediagnostic blood samples were available. Results showed that 29.2% of those who later developed anal cancer had HPV16 E6 seropositivity compared with 0.6% of controls (OR = 75.9).
HPV16 E6 seropositivity was less common in patients who later developed cervical, penilee, vaginal, and vulvar cancers. HPV16 E6 seropositivity was more common in blood samples drawn closer in time to diagnosis.
HPV16 seropositivity is relatively common in people prior to receiving a diagnosis of anal cancer.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Avoiding the ED: Planned Strategies for Unplanned Urgent Cancer Care
- NP-Led Clinics Improved Phase 1 Oncology Study Operations, Outcomes
- Art as Palliative Care: Bedside Intervention Improves Pain, Anxiety, Mood in Hospitalized Cancer Patients
- Unprotected Sex After Chemotherapy
- Mindfulness Training May Improve End-of-Life Conversations in Advanced Cancer
- Study Suggests Greater Focus on the Needs of Family Caregivers of Patients With Cancer
- First Antibody-Based Treatment Regimen Approved for First-Line Treatment of Multiple Myeloma
- Increased Diabetes Risk Associated With Cancer Development
- Childhood Neuroblastoma Survivors at Risk for Psych Impairment
- Drug Classification of Trastuzumab
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|