Outcomes improving for younger patients with follicular lymphoma
the ONA take:
Patients younger than 40 years with follicular lymphoma have a median overall survival of 24 years and their outcome seems to be improving over time, according to a recent study published online ahead of print in the journal Annals of Oncology.
For the study, investigators sought to evaluate the clinical features and outcomes of younger patients with follicular lymphoma.
Researchers retrospectively analyzed data from 1,002 patients with follicular lymphoma diagnosed in Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom, or Italy between 1985 and 2010.
Results showed that at a median follow-up of 10 years, younger patients had significantly better overall survival, cause-specific survival, and progression-free survival compared with those older than 40 years.
Researchers found that patients with a lymphoma diagnosis in the last two decades and having a Follicular Lymphoma International Prognostic Index (FLIPI) score were associated with a significantly longer progression-free survival and cause-specific survival in patients younger than 40 years. A favorable FLIPI score was significantly associated with longer overall survival.
Patients younger than 40 years with follicular lymphoma have a median overall survival of 24 years.
- Blood Test Predicts Stem Cell Transplant Success in Myelodysplastic Syndrome
- Immunotherapy and the Future of Prostate Cancer Treatment
- Pembrolizumab Active Against Rare Melanoma, Extends Survival in Bladder Cancer
- Elderly with NSCLC Can Tolerate Aggressive Radiation Therapy Treatments
- Women Treated for DCIS Have Slightly Lower Risk for All-Cause Mortality
- Survivors Reporting Chronic Neuropathic Pain Struggle to Retain Jobs
- Lung Cancer Screening Rates Low Among Present and Former Smokers
- Timing of Chemotherapy Infusion Affects Inflammatory Response to Chemotherapy
- Postoperative Gemcitabine Plus Capecitabine: A New Standard of Care for Pancreatic Cancer
- Blood-Forming Stem Cell Transplants (Fact Sheet)
- Pediatric Hepatocellular Carcinoma: Challenges and Solutions
- Earlier and Later Adult BMI Associated With Multiple Myeloma Risk
- Cost-Effectiveness of Immunotherapy for Advanced Melanoma Evaluated
- VBPWPs Can Compliment Patient Management in Clinical Trials
- Communication Technology Improves Treatment Burden, Patient Perspective of Oncology Care
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|