Practices should be evaluated for cytotoxic chemotherapy extravasation
the ONA take:
The influence of patient experience in health care is driving a review of practices to ensure it plays a part in developing clinical practice guidelines.
This literature review sought to analyze the quality of evidence that supports management practices of cytotoxic drug extravasation and determine if the patient experience is taken into account.
A literature search identified all studies on strategies aimed at preventing surgical debridement and all studies evaluating the patient’s perspective on extravasation management published from the 1960s to July 2014.
The researchers found no conclusive evidence that one clinical strategy is more effective than another, and no studies evaluated management strategies from the patient perspective.
The researchers suggest further outcomes-based studies are needed for extravasation management guidelines and how treatment impacts the patient.
In addition, they conclude that research into the patient experience of extravasation management needs to be addressed.
This literature review sought to analyze the quality of evidence that supports management practices of cytotoxic drug extravasation.
- Osteoporosis Medication Improves Bone Health in ADT-Treated Prostate Cancer
- Inotuzumab Ozogamicin Granted FDA Approval for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- Cabazitaxel in Prostate Cancer: Reduced Dose Noninferior to Standard Dose
- Risk of Some Cancers Higher in Women With a History of Periodontal Disease
- Breast Conservation Improves Survival vs Mastectomy in Breast Cancer
- To Better Serve Patients With Cancer, Navigators Need Better Systems
- Physical Activity Improves Cognitive Function for Breast Cancer Survivors
- Risk of Lung Cancer Increases With Diets Higher in Saturated Fats
- Mechanisms Identified for Curcumin Resensitization of Cancer Cells
- Value of Type and Crossmatch Prior to Daratumumab Administration
- Affect of Daratumumab on Laboratory Blood Test Results
- Geriatric Consults Rare in Kidney Cancer Care
- Worse Survival Seen for Alternative Versus Usual Cancer Therapy
- Anorexia-Cachexia in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Improved With Anamorelin
- Early Recognition of Checkpoint Inhibitor-Related Pneumonitis Improves Outcomes
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|