Practices should be evaluated for cytotoxic chemotherapy extravasation
the ONA take:
The influence of patient experience in health care is driving a review of practices to ensure it plays a part in developing clinical practice guidelines.
This literature review sought to analyze the quality of evidence that supports management practices of cytotoxic drug extravasation and determine if the patient experience is taken into account.
A literature search identified all studies on strategies aimed at preventing surgical debridement and all studies evaluating the patient’s perspective on extravasation management published from the 1960s to July 2014.
The researchers found no conclusive evidence that one clinical strategy is more effective than another, and no studies evaluated management strategies from the patient perspective.
The researchers suggest further outcomes-based studies are needed for extravasation management guidelines and how treatment impacts the patient.
In addition, they conclude that research into the patient experience of extravasation management needs to be addressed.
This literature review sought to analyze the quality of evidence that supports management practices of cytotoxic drug extravasation.
- Immunotherapy May Benefit Some Patients with Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma
- Screening Recommendations for Children with Common Cancer Predisposition Syndromes
- Significance of Prostate Cancer Treatment-Related Factors Differ in Black, White Men
- Superior Tolerability, Efficacy With Alectinib in Treatment-Naïve ALK-poistive NSCLC
- New Study Questions Standard Dosage for Treating Metastatic Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Survivorship Care Plans: Providing A Blueprint for Health Care After Cancer
- Multifaceted Role of the Nurse Navigator Includes Palliative, Supportive Care
- Cancer Recurrence Fear Reduced by Novel Psychological Intervention
- Patient Navigators Found to Boost Lung Cancer Screening Rates
- Lack of Transfusion Services a Barrier to Hospice Care for Patients With Blood Cancers
- Aspirin Use May Lower Breast Cancer Risk in Women with Diabetes
- Ethnic Differences, Cultural Barriers Negatively Impact Mammography Follow-up Among Asian Ethnic Groups
- Study Questions Safety of E-cigarettes vs Regular Tobacco Cigarettes
- Changes in Pulmonary Function Tests in Breast Carcinoma Patients Treated With Locoregional Post-mastectomy Radiotherapy: Results of a Pilot Study
- Increases in Liver Cancer Incidence Influenced by Higher Rates of Comorbidities
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|