Mobile app helps to track breast cancer survivors' experiences
the ONA take:
A new patient-centered mobile app and interactive research study, entitled Share the Journey: Mind, Body and Wellness after Breast Cancer, has launched.
The app is open for American women of ages is open to women of ages 18 through 80 (regardless of their breast cancer status) and acts as a repository of participant feedback on breast cancer and health experiences via well-validated surveys, symptom reporting, and more.
Cancer survivors can share their experiences through the app, and add to the data collected at the same time.
UCLA cancer research pioneer Dr. Patricia Ganz, currently director of cancer prevention and control research at the Jonsson Cancer Center, was a principal collaborator, in conjunction with UCLA's Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center, Penn Medicine, Sage Bionetworks, and the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.
One of the goals of this project is to collect information on negative treatment effects and elements of the survivors experience more easily missed during infrequent doctor visits.
Via Share the Journey, survivors of breast cancer can participate as data owners and take a more active role in steering treatment and research directions. The information is vital for researchers and will help them more fully understand the patient experience and analyze recovery patterns.
Share the Journey is being launched in conjunction with Apple's ResearchKit. More information about Share the Journey may be found here: http://sharethejourneyapp.org/.
Increase in brain tumors is not attributed to mobile phone use
- Immunotherapy May Benefit Some Patients with Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma
- Screening Recommendations for Children with Common Cancer Predisposition Syndromes
- Significance of Prostate Cancer Treatment-Related Factors Differ in Black, White Men
- New Study Questions Standard Dosage for Treating Metastatic Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Superior Tolerability, Efficacy With Alectinib in Treatment-Naïve ALK-poistive NSCLC
- Survivorship Care Plans: Providing A Blueprint for Health Care After Cancer
- Cancer Recurrence Fear Reduced by Novel Psychological Intervention
- Multifaceted Role of the Nurse Navigator Includes Palliative, Supportive Care
- Patient Navigators Found to Boost Lung Cancer Screening Rates
- Lack of Transfusion Services a Barrier to Hospice Care for Patients With Blood Cancers
- Aspirin Use May Lower Breast Cancer Risk in Women with Diabetes
- Ethnic Differences, Cultural Barriers Negatively Impact Mammography Follow-up Among Asian Ethnic Groups
- Study Questions Safety of E-cigarettes vs Regular Tobacco Cigarettes
- Changes in Pulmonary Function Tests in Breast Carcinoma Patients Treated With Locoregional Post-mastectomy Radiotherapy: Results of a Pilot Study
- Increases in Liver Cancer Incidence Influenced by Higher Rates of Comorbidities
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|