Coffee may reduce risk of breast cancer recurrence
the ONA take:
According to a new study, researchers at Lund University and Skane University Hospital in Sweden have found that coffee inhibits the growth of tumors and reduces the risk of recurrence in women with breast cancer treated with tamoxifen.
For the study, researchers analyzed data from 1,090 patients with breast cancer. They found that among the over 500 women who were treated with the estrogen receptor antagonist tamoxifen, those who drank at least two cups of coffee per day had half the risk of disease recurrence compared with those who drank less coffee or no coffee.
The study also showed that women who drank at least two cups per day had smaller breast tumors and fewer hormone-dependent tumors.
"If you like coffee and are also taking tamoxifen, there is no reason to stop drinking it. Just two cups a day is sufficient to make a difference," said study researchers.
Coffee inhibits the growth of tumors and reduces the risk of recurrence in women with breast cancer treated with tamoxifen.
- Acupuncture Improves Postoperative Symptoms in Women Undergoing Surgery for Breast Cancer
- Prehabilitation Program Improves Preoperative Fitness in Patients With Colorectal Cancer
- Alcohol Consumption, Particularly White Wine, Associated With Increased Risk of Melanoma
- Combination of Gemcitabine and New CHK1 Inhibitor Is Effective in Soft Tissue Sarcomas
- Omitting RT in Certain Older Women With Early Breast Cancer is Safe
- Exercise is as Effective in Treating Metastatic Prostate Cancer as Medication
- Walnut Consumption Changes Gut Microbiome, Decreases Growth of Colon Cancer in Mice
- Vaccine Enters Phase I Study for Safety and Effectiveness in Multiple Myeloma
- Timing Chemotherapy Administration to Circadian Rhythm Improves Drug Effectiveness
- New Therapy Blocks Breast Cancer Cells From Entering and Hiding in Bone Marrow to Form Latent Metastases
- Community Breast Navigation Program Improved Breast Screening Rates in Underserved African American and Latino Women
- Live-streamed Videos Address End-of-Life Planning, Decision-making
- Metastatic Disease Linked to Patients Reporting Diminished QoL
- History of Bilateral Salpingo-oophorectomy, Hormone Replacement Therapy Are Predictive of Breast Density at Cancer Diagnosis
- Mammographically Occult Contralateral Breast Cancer Detection is Effective With Preoperative MRI
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|