Adjuvant chemotherapy does not improve QOL, recurrence, and survival in patients with stage II colon cancer
the ONA take:
Recurrence, survival, and quality of life (QOL) is not improved with adjuvant chemotherapy in most patients with stage II colon cancer, according to the results of a study published in Supportive Care in Cancer.
This cohort study recruited 453 patients from North Carolina and interviewed them using a closed-end survey at diagnosis, and at 12- and 24-months postdiagnosis; 265 of the patients had received chemotherapy. The survey detailed quality of life, health behaviors, treatment, and cancer recurrence at each of the time points. Mortality was obtained from the National Death Index.
In this study, an inverse association was seen with chemotherapy and total Functional Assessment of Cancer Treatment (FACT)-General, FACT-Colorectal, physical, emotional, and functional well-being among patients with stage II colon cancer. The inverse association between emotional well-being and receiving chemotherapy persisted for whites but not for African Americans. In addition, significantly higher odds of cancer recurrence were seen among those patients who received chemotherapy.
Effects of adjuvant chemotherapy on recurrence, survival, and quality of life in stage II colon canc
- Osteoporosis Medication Improves Bone Health in ADT-Treated Prostate Cancer
- Coping With Lymphedema: A Patient Guide (Fact Sheet)
- Inotuzumab Ozogamicin Granted FDA Approval for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- Cabazitaxel in Prostate Cancer: Reduced Dose Noninferior to Standard Dose
- Risk of Some Cancers Higher in Women With a History of Periodontal Disease
- To Better Serve Patients With Cancer, Navigators Need Better Systems
- Physical Activity Improves Cognitive Function for Breast Cancer Survivors
- Risk of Lung Cancer Increases With Diets Higher in Saturated Fats
- Mechanisms Identified for Curcumin Resensitization of Cancer Cells
- Value of Type and Crossmatch Prior to Daratumumab Administration
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|