Head And Neck Cancer
A prospective study collected data on the impact of the ACA on percent insured and outcomes for patients with HNSCC in the first years of healthcare law.
Results of a population-based survey, presented at the 2018 ASCO Quality Care Symposium, revealed patients' perceptions regarding choice of treatment of differentiated thyroid cancer (DTC).
Researchers report on the effectiveness results of the Supportive Care of Oncology Patients (SCOOPs) Program were presented at the 2018 ASCO Quality Care Symposium.
Oral care by a dentist was found to reduce pathogenic bacterial plaque thereby decreasing the risk of postoperative pneumonia, a potentially fatal adverse effect, in patients undergoing surgical procedures for cancer.
Researchers conducted a cross-sectional study to determine the incidence and effect of late lower cranial neuropathies on survivors of oropharyngeal cancers.
In a retrospective study, researchers used established tools to measure the nutritional status of patients with head and neck cancer before, immediately after, and at 2 follow-up points after radiotherapy.
Navigating Patients With Head and Neck Cancer: Important Roles and Responsibilities of the Oncology Nurse NavigatorJune 15, 2018
The head and neck oncology nurse navigator (ONN) is a unique and critical position to help patients, their families, and their caregivers as they face their diagnosis and undergo treatment.
A review of current options and ongoing trials for managing ARIE, a common esophageal adverse effect caused by radiotherapy to the thoracic region for lung, breast, or head and neck cancers, or lymphoma.
Researchers evaluated whether the development of irAEsc among patients with metastatic head and neck cancer who have failed platinum-based chemotherapy could improve patient outcomes.
Study results presented at 2018 ASCO Annual Meeting demonstrated effectiveness of ado-trastuzumab emtansine in non-breast non-gastric HER2-amplified cancers.
A study presented at the 2018 ONS Annual Congress explored whether patients can safely bypass SICU after HNC surgery, transferring directly from PACU to a specialized unit within the SO.
A link between visual function, ocular symptoms, and quality of life was found in cross-sectional study of patients who underwent radiotherapy for head and neck cancers, according to a presentation at the 2018 ONS Annual Congress.
FDA grants approval to immunotherapy combination in the treatment of unresectable and metastatic BRAF V600E mutation-positive anaplastic thyroid cancer (ATC).
Using the NEI-VFQ-25, researchers assessed vision-targeted health-related quality of life for survivors of retinoblastoma.
A retrospective study demonstrates an increase in HPV16-positive status among patients with OPSCC and a corresponding increase in age at diagnosis.
Results of a retrospective review assessing the prevalence of chronic opioid use among patients with oropharynx cancer after surgery was presented at the 2018 American Head & Neck Society Annual Meeting.
In a phase 2 study, researchers sought to determine the effectiveness of adding HMB/Arg/Gln to cisplatin-based chemoradiotherapy for patients with head and cancers to prevent CRT-induced oral mucositis.
In a study from the Cleveland Clinic, researchers investigated the association between well-differentiated thyroid cancer and risk for AML or CML in those patients treated with radioactive iodine.
Researchers compared opioid use between head and neck cancer (HNCA) and lung or colon cancer (LCCA) cohorts.
Study results show the effect on high-grade toxicity when 5-FU is replaced with docetaxel in the EXTREME regimen in the palliative treatment of patients with metastatic SCCHN.
This study sought to determine if continuing preoperative aspirin therapy would increase the risk of bleeding complications in patients undergoing thyroid surgery.
1. Hot tea consumption in combination with excessive smoking or alcohol use was associated with a higher risk for esophageal cancer. 2. In the absence of excessive alcohol use and smoking, daily tea drinking was not linked to increased risk for esophageal cancer. Evidence Rating Level: 1 (Excellent) Study Rundown: Esophageal cancer is a concern 
Study compared the effect of treatments on quality of life in treatment-naïve patients with HNC vs those who underwent radiotherapy and/or chemotherapy, and compared with cancer-free patients.
[Cancer Management and Research] Radiation dose, fractionation strategies, and predictive factors of response to therapy in patients with esophageal carcinoma are reviewed to determine if more intense local therapy would lead to better outcomes and for which patients.
In this study, researchers sought to determine the effect depressive symptoms during treatment planning had on immediate and long-term outcomes for patients with head and neck cancer.
Papillary thyroid cancer patients with LND 0.19 have worse disease-specific, overall survival, researchers found.
Periodontal pathogen Tannerella forsythia linked to increased risk of esophageal adenocarcinoma
Using the statewide Utah Population Database, investigators sought to determine the long-term effects of thyroid cancer on survivors who were younger than 40 years at diagnosis.
Data on psychosocial and psychiatric variables of patients with HNC prior to treatment was analyzed to determine the extent of cognitive impairment and quality of life for patients with head and neck cancer, and its impact on patient outcomes.
Using a data sample from the CDC National Program for Cancer Registries, investigators determined how demographic factors — age, race, and sex — impact 5-year survival rates for HPV-associated cancers from initial diagnosis until death.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Aggressive EOL Care Negatively Impacts Care Quality, Health Costs in Metastatic Lung Cancer
- HPV Vaccination and Anti-programmed Cell Death 1 Inhibition Improve Survival in Patients With Invasive HPV-16
- Managing Dermatologic Adverse Events in Patients Receiving Third-Generation EGFR-TKIs
- FDA Approves HPV Vaccine for People Through Age 45
- Delayed Administration Device for Pegfilgratim Safe, Effective in Preventing Grade 4 Neutropenia
- Anxiety, Depression in Prostate Cancer: Managing Psychosocial Effects in Male Patients
- Tandem Autologous-Allogenic HCT Offers Long-Term Remission in Multiple Myeloma
- Tool Addresses Well-being of Informal Caregivers of Patients With Cancer
- Hematologic Cancers: 8 Tips Oncology Nurses Should Share with Caregivers
- Navigation at the End of Therapy: A Crucial Transition in Lymphoma Treatment
- Use of Corticosteroids With PD-1 or PD-L1 Inhibitors Associated With Poorer Outcomes in NSCLC
- NHS, HPFS Show Regular Aspirin Use Reduced Hepatocellular Carcinoma Risk
- Myelofibrosis: From Diagnosis to Early Intervention
- FDA Approves HPV Vaccine for People Through Age 45
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|