Head and Neck Cancer News & Features
To test thyroid malignancy, many biomarkers are tested separately to confirm cancer. However, new research shows that the tests used to measure 2 major biomarkers in the diagnosis of thyroid cancer may be inaccurate.
Patients with head and neck cancer have more than 3 times the incidence of suicide compared with the general population, with rates highest among patients with cancers of the larynx and hypopharynx.
A team of scientists has reported that the genetic biomarker LOH is able to predict which patients with premalignant mouth lesions are at highest risk of developing oral cancer. The findings present a new tool that could be used to identify patients most likely to benefit from chemoprevention.
Human papillomavirus-positive oropharyngeal squamous cell carcinoma (HPV+ OPSCC) has a low risk of disease recurrence.
Most retinoblastoma survivors do not have poorer psychosocial functioning compared with people without cancer.
Head and Neck Cancer Clinical Trials
- Gut Bacteria Can Dramatically Amplify Cancer Immunotherapy
- Blood Test Indicates Breast Cancer Tumors Developed Resistance to Hormone Treatment
- Breakthrough Advance Announced in International Blood Cancer Drug Trial
- Yoga May Reduce Side Effects in Patients Receiving Treatment for Prostate Cancer
- Existing Drug May Limit Recurrence and Metastasis of Glioblastoma Multiforme
- Breastfeeding Associated With A Reduced Risk of Aggressive Breast Cancer
- Hospitals Should Enact Bereavement Programs, Researchers Urge
- Physical Activity Communications Should be Part of Oncology Care Clinic Visits With Patients
- Communication Practices of Many US Physicians May Be Discouraging HPV Vaccination
- Chemo, Tamoxifen May Increase VTE Risk Among Patients With Breast Cancer
- Concurrent Chemoradiotherapy Using Paclitaxel Plus Cisplatin in the Treatment of Elderly Patients With Esophageal Cancer
- International Study Charts Genetic Trajectory for Melanoma
- Risk of Several Autoimmune Diseases Increased in Childhood Cancer Survivors
- Protein Biomarker Assays for Diagnosing Thyroid Cancer May Show Inaccurate Readings
- Cancer Prehabilitation and Rehabilitation: What Will It Take for These Services to Catch On?
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|