Generic Name and Formulations:
Hepatitis A vaccine, inactivated 720 ELISA Units (EL.U.) per 0.5mL (pediatric), or 1440 EL.U. per 1mL (adult); susp for IM inj; aluminum adsorbed; contains neomycin (trace); preservative-free.
Indications for HAVRIX:
Hepatitis A immunization.
Inject into deltoid, preferably at least 2 weeks before expected exposure. >18yrs: 1440 EL.U. once IM; give booster dose 6–12 months after initial course.
Inject IM preferably at least 2 weeks before expected exposure. <12months: not recommended. 12months–18yrs: 720 EL.U. once IM; give booster dose 6–12months after initial course.
Neomycin allergy. Previous hypersensitivity reaction to hepatitis A-containing vaccine.
Have epinephrine (1:1000) inj available. Fever. Bleeding disorders. Immunodeficiency (may have suboptimal response). If given with immune globulin, use separate syringe and different site. Latex allergy. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Immunosuppressives may reduce efficacy. Concomitant vaccines: see literature.
Inj site reactions, headache, fatigue, fever, malaise, anorexia, GI upset.
Single-dose vials—10; Single-dose prefilled Tip-Lok syringes—5 (without needles)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Modified XELIRI Noninferior to FOLFIRI for OS in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
- Nabilone Improves Cancer-Associated Anorexia in Lung Cancer
- Direct-to-Consumer Genetic Test for Select BRCA Mutations Gets FDA Nod
- Patients With Head and Neck Cancer Have Greater Chance of Being Prescribed Opioids
- Medical Terms in Patient Education: Using the Confusing to Explain the Complicated
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|