Generic Name and Formulations:
Nicotine 7mg/24hr, 14mg/24hr, 21mg/24hr; transdermal patch.
Dr. Reddy's Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for HABITROL:
Adjunct in smoking cessation therapy.
≥18yrs: Apply to clean, dry, nonhairy site on trunk or upper outer arm; rotate application site. Remove patch after 24 hours; if vivid dreams or other sleep disturbances occur, remove at bedtime and reapply in AM. >10cigarettes/day: initially one 21mg patch daily for 4 weeks; then one 14mg patch daily for 2 weeks, then one 7mg patch daily for 2 weeks, then stop. ≤10cigarettes/day: initially one 14mg patch daily for 6 weeks then one 7mg patch daily for 2 weeks, then stop. Max 1 patch/24hrs. Do not cut patch.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Concurrent smoking or use of other nicotine products.
Discontinue if irregular heartbeat, palpitations, allergic reaction, or symptoms of nicotine overdose occur. Heart disease. Post-MI. Arrhythmias. Hypertension. Depression. Asthma. Allergy to adhesive tape, other skin problems. Stomach ulcers. Diabetes. History of seizures. Low doses may be toxic to children and pets; discard properly. Pregnancy: not recommended. Nursing mothers.
Remove patch prior to MRI procedures. Smoking cessation potentiates theophylline, insulin, β-blockers, pentazocine, oxazepam, tricyclic antidepressants (eg, imipramine), caffeine, acetaminophen, adrenergic antagonists (eg, prazosin, labetalol), others. Smoking cessation antagonizes adrenergic agonists (eg, isoproterenol, phenylephrine), others.
Local irritation, GI upset, headache, dizziness, palpitations, hypertension.
Patch 7mg, 14mg—7, 14; 21mg—7, 14, 28
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- Presence of Iris Pigmented Lesions Indicates Melanoma Risk
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Ciprofloxacin Plus Doxycycline Reduces Infection Rate in Multiple Myeloma Post-ASCT
- Prognostic Significance of Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Expression in Glioma Patients
- Fathers Can Pass Inherited Ovarian Cancer Risk to Daughters
- Modified XELIRI Noninferior to FOLFIRI for OS in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
- Nabilone Improves Cancer-Associated Anorexia in Lung Cancer
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|