Gynecologic Cancer News and Features
Rapid, robust, and affordable genetic testing for patients with ovarian cancer that allows a much larger portion of patients to benefit from personalized cancer management and their relatives to benefit from preventive strategies can be achieved.
Risk of ovarian cancer is higher in African American women with lower socioeconomic status, the opposite of trends seen in breast cancer.
Despite confirmation of a link between routine Pap smear screening and a lower risk of developing cervical cancer in women older than 65 years, most US health guidelines discourage older women from undergoing routine Pap smears unless they have pre-existing risk factors.
Prophylactic Gynecologic Resections Increase Risk for Aggressive Uterine Cancer in BRCA Gene Mutation Carriers
Women who carry the BRCA1 mutation are at increased risk for serous/serous-like endometrial carcinoma after risk-reducing salpingo-oophorectomy. Yet uncertainty exists over the need to perform a full hysterectomy in these women.
Fewer cervical cell anomalies were present on cervical cancer screens of young women in Canada who received the HPV vaccine through a school-based program.
Gynecologic Cancer Clinical Trials
- Breast Cancer Tumors Often a Composite of Tumor Types, Enhancing Treatment Resistance
- Massage Therapy Promising for Pain, Anxiety in Patients With Cancer
- Physical Activity May Reduce Mortality by 44% in Patients With Breast Cancer
- Early Tumor Size Change May Predict OS in Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Hormone Receptor Test Results in DCIS Core Needle Biopsy Not Used, Not Needed
- Exercise is as Effective in Treating Metastatic Prostate Cancer as Medication
- Walnut Consumption Changes Gut Microbiome, Decreases Growth of Colon Cancer in Mice
- Triple-Drug Therapy Produces Response in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, Mouse Study Shows
- Vaccine Enters Phase I Study for Safety and Effectiveness in Multiple Myeloma
- Study Supports Increased Role for Surgery in Multimodality Therapy for Early Stage SCLC
- Favorable Perioperative Outcomes After Resection of Borderline Resectable Pancreatic Cancer Treated With Neoadjuvant Stereotactic Radiation and Chemotherapy Compared with Upfront Pancreatectomy for Resectable Cancer
- Adolescent Girls With Breast Cancer Family History Have Higher Self-esteem
- Gemcitabine Plus Cisplatin Prolongs PFS in Nasopharyngeal Cancer
- PMPS: A Common Late Effect of Surgery and Radiation for Breast Cancer
- TKIs Improve Overall Survival in NSCLC Patients With Leptomeningeal Metastases
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|