Generic Name and Formulations:
Nitroglycerin 400mcg; per pkt; sublingual powder.
Indications for GONITRO:
Acute relief of angina attack. Acute prophylaxis of angina pectoris.
Treatment: 1 or 2 packets (400mcg/packet) sublingually at onset, may give 1 additional packet every 5 mins as needed; max 3 packets in 15 mins. Prophylaxis: 5–10 mins before activity.
Concomitant PDE-5 inhibitors (eg, avanafil, sildenafil, tadalafil, vardenafil), soluble guanylate cyclase stimulators (eg, riociguat). Severe anemia. Increased intracranial pressure. Acute circulatory failure or shock.
Hypotensive (constrictive pericarditis, aortic or mitral stenosis) or volume depleted. Hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy. Use lowest effective dose. Elderly. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Hypotension potentiated by PDE-5 inhibitors, riociguat, antihypertensives, beta-adrenergic blockers, calcium channel blockers. Potentiated by high-dose aspirin. May antagonize tissue-type plasminogen activators (t-PA). Avoid ergotamine and related drugs; monitor if unavoidable.
Headache, dizziness, paresthesia, hypotension.
Pwd pkts—12, 36, 96
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Risk for Cardiovascular Disease Higher in Survivors of Testicular Cancer
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
- Oral Androgen Receptor Inhibitor Granted FDA Approval for Nonmetastatic CRPC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|