Gentamicin sulfate Ophthalmic Solution Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Gentamicin sulfate (equivalent to 3mg gentamicin per mL); contains benzalkonium chloride.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Gentamicin sulfate Ophthalmic Solution:
Susceptible bacterial infections of conjunctiva and cornea.
Adults and Children:
1 or 2 drops in affected eye(s) every 4 hours. Severe infections: Up to 2 drops once every hour.
Discontinue if purulent discharge, inflammation or pain develops. Neonates. Pregnancy (Cat.C).
Ocular burning/irritation, non-specific conjunctivitis, conjunctival epithelial defects, conjunctival hyperemia, bacterial and fungal corneal ulcers; rare: allergic reactions, thrombocytopenic purpura, hallucinations.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Risk for Cardiovascular Disease Higher in Survivors of Testicular Cancer
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
- Oral Androgen Receptor Inhibitor Granted FDA Approval for Nonmetastatic CRPC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|