Despite recent new legislation, medical marijuana as an adjunct to palliative and end-of-life care remains controversial. But a greater acceptance within both the medical community and the lay public is prompting research on how it can be integrated into standard care.
AYAs continue to report lower social functioning scores than their peers 2 years after diagnosis.
Cancer deaths within 1 month of diagnosis occur most often in patients younger than 1 years, especially among Blacks and Hispanics.
Palliative care and end-of-life care are top research priorities for oncology patients and nurses.
Increased risks among live births for adolescent and young adult cancer survivors
Standardized palliative care consultations for patients with advanced cancer improved postdischarge activities and use of services.
CancerLinQ® Ambassadors Program is launched to provide support and guidance to practices participating in CancerLinQ®.
Study identifies characteristics of clinical trials and barriers to patient accrual.
A meta-analysis of randomized clinical trials found that exercise, psychological interventions, and the two combined are most effective.
NYU Dean of Rory Meyers College of Nursing reminds nurses that they have a Code of Ethics to help guide their practice decisions.
A type of functional brain training improved the pain, burning, tingling, and loss of feeling associated with CIPN.
A new blood test uses a type of DNA signature to locate the presence of tumor in a particular tissue, circumventing the need for invasive diagnostic procedures.
A significant reduction in use of radiation therapy to treat childhood cancers improved survival, reduced second cancers in survivors.
The common cold can cause pneumonia and be deadly to patients recovering from stem cell transplants.
NCI awarded a $9 million grant to Barbara A. Karmanos Cancer Institute and Wayne State University to explore factors contributing to racial disparities in cancer.
Dr Lori Baudino, a clinical psychologist and dance/movement therapist, discusses a program that helps children with cancer cope with their disease and treatment, and learn to be children again.
Study finds that instituting a health system-wide quality metric, such as postoperative hospital readmission rate, may be inconsistent with long-term clinical outcomes goals.
A challenging patient case illustrates how caring for each other enables oncology nurses to provide better patient care.
Simply walking for 30 minutes 3 times a week has significant impact on symptom severity and ability to cope, as well as quality of life, for patients with advanced cancer.
Although 75 percent of provider organizations can offer estimate, less than 25 percent of patients request one.
More individuals in the United States are overweight and obese than two decades ago, but fewer are trying to shed pounds.
Supplemental ginger before and during treatment raises antioxidant levels in patients undergoing chemotherapy.
The researchers concluded that physical activity should be routinely assessed and that clinicians should collaborate with their patients to design a physical activity plan.
Researchers found that non-elderly cancer survivors may be particularly vulnerable to financial toxicity.
Exercise and/or psychological interventions effectively reduce cancer-related fatigue during and after cancer treatment.
Numeracy is the ability to understand and use numbers and researchers have found that there are better ways to present numeric information about health risks and benefits so that all patients can take part in shared decision-making.
The guideline recommends optimal RT dosing schedules for pain relief, including options for retreatment.
The use of cytokine granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (G-CSF) may help to preserve fertility in male patients with cancer, according to research.
Early palliative care significantly reduced the use of the intensive care unit in patients with advanced cancer at the end of life.
Video Based Personal Webpages (VBPWP) Can Be Used as a Compliment to Clinical Trial Patient Management
- Shorter Treatment of Breast Cancer with Trastuzumab May Lead to Improved Results
- Risk of Second Cancers Increased in Hodgkin Lymphoma Survivors
- Single Fraction of HDR Brachytherapy Found Effective in Localized Prostate Cancer
- The Integration of Cannabis in Oncologic Care
- Genome Sequencing Explains Resistance to CTLA-4 and PD-1 Inhibitors in Metastatic Melanoma
- Early Palliative Care Reduced ICU Use in Patients With Advanced Cancer
- Ginger Extract Raises Antioxidant Levels in Patients Undergoing Chemotherapy
- Nurse Navigators Improve Physician Engagement in Pretreatment Discussions
- Novel Blood Test Detects Cancer, Locates Tumor Without Invasive Procedures
- Cabozantinib Activates Innate Immune Response, Eliminating Prostate Cancer
- The Integration of Cannabis in Oncologic Care
- CTCs Promising as Biomarker to Identify Lung Cancer Recurrence
- Hypofractionated RT, Conventional RT Comparable in Intermediate-Risk Prostate Cancer
- Social Functioning Scores for Young Cancer Survivors Remain Lower Than Their Peers
- Mortality Rates Highest Among Youngest Oncology Patients, Particularly Minorities
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|