General Oncology News & Features
Using mathematical analysis, researchers identified factors to help determine if containment or the elimination of an infection or tumor, is most effective.
The mechanism of metronomic chemotherapy: Improved tumor blood supply leads to better treatment .
Patient, Physician Preferences Inform Guidelines for Discussing Molecular Testing in Cancer Treatment
Study identifies physician and patient preferences about information, who should communicate this information, and what guidelines should guide these discussions.
Delays in the availability of new therapies and unjustifiable increases in the prices of well-established treatments disadvantage patients.
Overall cancer mortality decreased in the United States between 1980 and 2014.
A single 8-Gy dose of radiotherapy for painful bone metastases may improve quality of life and pain as early as 10 days after administration.
Human metapneumovirus infections were associated with significant morbidity in patients with cancer; however, 30-day mortality rates were low.
Müllerian inhibiting substance (MIS) may be employed to protect ovaries from the effects of chemotherapy, according to research done with mice.
Clinical Trial Enrollment of Adolescent and Young Adult Patients With Cancer: A Systematic Review of the Literature and Proposed Solutions
[Clinical Oncology in Adolescents and Young Adults] This research evaluates methods that have been utilized in the clinical trial enrollment for adolescent and young adults with cancer.
Researchers develop novel strategy for delivering immunotherapy agents to tumor surgical sites to eradicate tumor cells left behind after resection and reduce risk of recurrence.
- Cholesterol-Lowering Drugs May Prevent Breast Cancer Recurrence
- Blood Test Predicts Stem Cell Transplant Success in Myelodysplastic Syndrome
- Idelalisib Increases Progression-Free Survival in Patients with Relapsed or Refractory Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Trends in Behaviors, Medical Practice Indicate Mortality From Melanoma Will Decline
- Immunotherapy and the Future of Prostate Cancer Treatment
- Survivors Reporting Chronic Neuropathic Pain Struggle to Retain Jobs
- Timing of Chemotherapy Infusion Affects Inflammatory Response to Chemotherapy
- Postoperative Gemcitabine Plus Capecitabine: A New Standard of Care for Pancreatic Cancer
- Blood-Forming Stem Cell Transplants (Fact Sheet)
- Nut Consumption Inversely Associated With Lung Cancer Risk
- Lenalidomide Maintenance Appears Efficacious for Relapsed DLBCL
- Single Chemotherapy Dose Informs Treatment Strategy for Advanced Laryngeal Cancer
- Use of Checkpoint Inhibitors in Urothelial Carcinoma
- Chemo + Radiotherapy Efficacious in Muscle-invasive Bladder Cancer
- Elderly with NSCLC Can Tolerate Aggressive Radiation Therapy Treatments
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|