General Oncology News & Features
Cancer rates among people with HIV, particularly AIDS-defining cancers, are projected to decrease by 2030.
Results from a small survey suggest a need to include risk of confidentiality breach in consent discussions.
Analysis & Perspective on Practical and Ethical Use and Interpretation of Whole Genome Sequencing Data During Clinical Trials
Despite the value of genomic sequence information, nurses need to be aware of the limitations of this information and ethical concerns regarding sharing it with patients.
Program provides physical, nutritional, and psychological guidance
Whole Genome Sequencing Reveals that 12% of Childhood Cancer Survivors Have Mutations in Genes that Increase Cancer Risk
Whole genome sequencing of more than 3000 survivors of childhood cancers demonstrates the value of genetic testing for potential second cancers in this population.
Short-term fasting may alleviate toxic effects caused by high blood glucose levels associated with common cancer drugs.
The joint report states that overall cancer rates have decreased for men, women, and children in all major race and ethnic groups. However, progress has been limited for some cancers.
Supplementation with vitamin D3 and calcium was not found to influence risk of cancer in postmenopausal women aged 55 years and older.
The combination of an anticancer agent with a rheumatoid arthritis medication results in synergistic effect that improves the efficacy of the anticancer agent.
Progression-free survival rates are higher in patients treated with targeted therapies based on results of multigene panel tests.
- Whole Genome Sequencing Reveals that 12% of Childhood Cancer Survivors Have Mutations in Genes that Increase Cancer Risk
- Increased 5-Year Survival Rate Seen in NSCLC Subset Treated With Nivolumab
- Novel Test For Multiple Myeloma Uses Microchip, Conventional Blood Sample
- Health Care Expansion Tied to Increased Rates of Surgical Treatment of Thyroid Cancer
- Including a PI3-Kinase Inhibitor with an PARP Inhibitor Improves Tumor Shrinkage in Patients with Resistant Ovarian Cancer
- Exercise, Psychological Interventions Better for Cancer Fatigue Than Medications
- ASCO Issues Global Guidance for HPV Vaccination for Cervical Cancer Prevention
- Discharge Events Improved With Standardized Inpatient Palliative Care Consultation
- Little Opposition to Early Palliative Care for Symptom Management in Pediatric Oncology
- Physical Activity Improves Outcomes for Patients with Breast Cancer and Survivors
- Family History Does Not Exclude Active Surveillance as Treatment Option for Prostate Cancer
- Beans, Whole Grains in Diet Beneficial for Colorectal Cancer Survivors
- Hormone Refractory Prostate Cancer Responds to Abiraterone Acetate in Some Cases
- Shifts in Cancer Burden for People With HIV Projected
- Tissue Biobank Procurement Consent Should Include Discussion of Confidentiality Risks
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|