General Medicine Review
General medicine health concerns do not go away when a patient develops cancer. Oncology Nurse Advisor teamed up with its sister publication, The Clinical Advisor (CA), to provide a bridge to selected content on common general medicine topics. These articles first appeared in CA and are reproduced here with permission from DynaMed.
Learn how to identify and treat opioid abuse, withdrawal, and dependence.
Learn how to diagnosis and treat acute bronchitis.
Review the basics on measles, including risk factors, symptoms, treatment, and prevention.
A quick review of medical treatment for upper-respiratory infections, using the best global evidence.
A quick review of hypertensive emergency and hypertensive urgency using the best global evidence.
A quick review of the epidemiology, causes and conditions associated with celiac disease, along with tips for diagnosis and treatment.
A quick review of recommendations for patients with prediabetes, including timelines for infant weaning, guidelines for appropriate supplementation and contraindications.
A quick review of influenza A and influenza B viruses in children, providing information on the infections' epidemiology and associated complciations, as well as tips for diagnosis, treatment and prevention.
A quick review of breastfeeding recommendations, including timelines for infant weaning, guidelines for appropriate supplementation and contraindications.
A quick review of polycystic ovary syndrome, a heterogeneous androgen excess syndrome that can cause hirsutism, secondary amenorrhea, obesity, hyperinsulinemia and infertility, providing the latest global evidence for diagnosis and treatment.
- Existing Drug May Limit Recurrence and Metastasis of Glioblastoma Multiforme
- New Blood Test Improves Screening for Prostate Cancer
- Nanoliposomal Irinotecan Extends Survival in Metastatic Pancreatic Cancer
- S-1 as First-line Chemo for HER2- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Blood Sample Offers a New Way of Detecting Cancer
- Breastfeeding Associated With A Reduced Risk of Aggressive Breast Cancer
- Hospitals Should Enact Bereavement Programs, Researchers Urge
- Physical Activity Communications Should be Part of Oncology Care Clinic Visits With Patients
- Communication Practices of Many US Physicians May Be Discouraging HPV Vaccination
- Gut Bacteria Can Dramatically Amplify Cancer Immunotherapy
- Rates of PSA Screening and Early Stage Prostate Cancer Are Declining
- Use of Genomic Testing in Breast Cancer Has Greater Impact on Treatment, Costs
- Timing Matters for Pegfilgrastim Administration
- Estrogen Plus Progestin Use Increases ER+ Breast Cancer Risk in African American Women
- CSF1R Inhibition May Ease Debilitating Adverse Event of Ovarian Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|