General Medicine Review
General medicine health concerns do not go away when a patient develops cancer. Oncology Nurse Advisor teamed up with its sister publication, The Clinical Advisor (CA), to provide a bridge to selected content on common general medicine topics. These articles first appeared in CA and are reproduced here with permission from DynaMed.
A quick review of medical treatment for upper-respiratory infections, using the best global evidence.
A quick review of hypertensive emergency and hypertensive urgency using the best global evidence.
A quick review of the epidemiology, causes and conditions associated with celiac disease, along with tips for diagnosis and treatment.
A quick review of recommendations for patients with prediabetes, including timelines for infant weaning, guidelines for appropriate supplementation and contraindications.
A quick review of influenza A and influenza B viruses in children, providing information on the infections' epidemiology and associated complciations, as well as tips for diagnosis, treatment and prevention.
A quick review of breastfeeding recommendations, including timelines for infant weaning, guidelines for appropriate supplementation and contraindications.
A quick review of polycystic ovary syndrome, a heterogeneous androgen excess syndrome that can cause hirsutism, secondary amenorrhea, obesity, hyperinsulinemia and infertility, providing the latest global evidence for diagnosis and treatment.
Chronic inflammation can lead to a calcaneal spur at the base of the heel bone.
A quick review of urinary tract infection in adults using the best global evidence.
The most up-to-date evidence on Bell's palsy
- Study may support active surveillance for favorable intermediate-risk prostate cancer
- New mechanism of acquired resistance to breast cancer drugs discovered
- Two major studies strengthen case for prostate cancer drug before chemotherapy
- Finding a qualified acupuncture practitioner
- New opportunity to treat drug-resistant leukemia discovered
- High-cost blood cancer drugs deliver high value
- Statins increase risk of diabetes in Caucasian men
- Sun damage predisposes pediatric patients to melanoma
- Risk of reproductive cancers increased in daughters of women who smoked during pregnancy
- Older white males with advanced bladder cancer more likely to commit suicide
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|