General Medicine Review
General medicine health concerns do not go away when a patient develops cancer. Oncology Nurse Advisor teamed up with its sister publication, The Clinical Advisor (CA), to provide a bridge to selected content on common general medicine topics. These articles first appeared in CA and are reproduced here with permission from DynaMed.
Learn how to identify and treat opioid abuse, withdrawal, and dependence.
Learn how to diagnosis and treat acute bronchitis.
Review the basics on measles, including risk factors, symptoms, treatment, and prevention.
A quick review of medical treatment for upper-respiratory infections, using the best global evidence.
A quick review of hypertensive emergency and hypertensive urgency using the best global evidence.
A quick review of the epidemiology, causes and conditions associated with celiac disease, along with tips for diagnosis and treatment.
A quick review of recommendations for patients with prediabetes, including timelines for infant weaning, guidelines for appropriate supplementation and contraindications.
A quick review of influenza A and influenza B viruses in children, providing information on the infections' epidemiology and associated complciations, as well as tips for diagnosis, treatment and prevention.
A quick review of breastfeeding recommendations, including timelines for infant weaning, guidelines for appropriate supplementation and contraindications.
A quick review of polycystic ovary syndrome, a heterogeneous androgen excess syndrome that can cause hirsutism, secondary amenorrhea, obesity, hyperinsulinemia and infertility, providing the latest global evidence for diagnosis and treatment.
- Study uses dog sledding to demonstrate benefits of adapted physical activities for children with cancer
- What are immune checkpoints and how do they work?
- Efficacy and safety of docetaxel for advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: A meta-analysis of Phase III randomized controlled trials
- Among patients with myeloma undergoing chemo, high exercise compliance linked with reduced fatigue
- Patients with advanced cancer prefer open, effective communication
- Religiousness and spirituality have a significant impact on cancer patients' overall health and outcomes
- Dietary intervention primes triple-negative breast cancer cells for targeted therapy
- Lung cancer patients who stop smoking live longer
- Review examines strategies for hospital room surface cleanliness
- Appropriate use of tomosynthesis mammography
- Counseling cancer survivors on family building options
- Imaging technique allows pediatric brain tumors to be classified noninvasively at diagnosis
- Antibiotic use was associated with increased risk for some cancers
- ADT impacts mood of patients with prostate cancer, as perceived by partners
- Varubi approved for nausea and vomiting associated with cancer chemo
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|