General Medicine Review
General medicine health concerns do not go away when a patient develops cancer. Oncology Nurse Advisor teamed up with its sister publication, The Clinical Advisor (CA), to provide a bridge to selected content on common general medicine topics. These articles first appeared in CA and are reproduced here with permission from DynaMed.
Approximately 6 to 12 million head lice cases are diagnosed in the United States per year, primarily affecting elementary school children.
The most common causes of minor superficial burns are sunburns and minor thermal injuries.
In celiac disease, the surface pattern of the jejunal mucosa becomes flattened.
Allergic rhinitis is the twelfth most common diagnosis made at family physician visits.
The Lyme disease spirochete, Borrelia burgdorferi, is an obligate parasite and the most common tick-borne infection in North America and Europe.
Between 75% and 80% of Zika virus infections are asymptomatic.
Acute sinusitis is common, affecting 6% to 7% of children presenting with respiratory symptoms.
Norovirus is the leading cause of both sporadic and epidemic gastroenteritis worldwide.
Learn how to diagnose and treat influenza in children.
Learn how to diagnose and treat influenza in adults.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Risk Factors for Arterial, Venous Thrombosis Differ in Polycythemia Vera
- Patient Satisfaction Ratings Can Be Negatively Impacted by Nurse Staffing Ratio
- Dietary Estrogens Reduced Efficacy of Novel Breast Cancer Therapy
- FDA Issues Warning for Rolapitant Injectable Emulsion in the Treatment of CINV
- BRCA Mutation Improves Prognosis for 2-year Survival in Younger-onset TNBC
- Pertuzumab Regimen Approved for Adjuvant, Neoadjuvant Therapy in Specific Breast Cancers
- Common Oncologic Emergencies That Occur With Multiple Myeloma
- Artificial Sweeteners and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Blueberry Extract May Boost Efficacy of Radiotherapy for Cervical Cancer
- Breast Implants Associated With Increased Risk of Breast Anaplastic Large-cell Lymphoma
- Survival Outcomes in Relapsed Hepatocellular Carcinoma Improved With Cabozantinib
- OS Similar With Gemcitabine Plus S-1 vs Standard Therapy for Biliary Tract Cancer
- Feasibility and Outcomes of Modified Enhanced Recovery After Surgery for Nursing Management of Aged Patients Undergoing Esophagectomy
- Urine Drug Testing Policy Can Assist Opioid Treatment Decisions
- Resolving Vaginal Dryness in Women With a History of Breast Cancer
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|