General Medicine Review
General medicine health concerns do not go away when a patient develops cancer. Oncology Nurse Advisor teamed up with its sister publication, The Clinical Advisor (CA), to provide a bridge to selected content on common general medicine topics. These articles first appeared in CA and are reproduced here with permission from DynaMed.
Review the basics on measles, including risk factors, symptoms, treatment, and prevention.
A quick review of medical treatment for upper-respiratory infections, using the best global evidence.
A quick review of hypertensive emergency and hypertensive urgency using the best global evidence.
A quick review of the epidemiology, causes and conditions associated with celiac disease, along with tips for diagnosis and treatment.
A quick review of recommendations for patients with prediabetes, including timelines for infant weaning, guidelines for appropriate supplementation and contraindications.
A quick review of influenza A and influenza B viruses in children, providing information on the infections' epidemiology and associated complciations, as well as tips for diagnosis, treatment and prevention.
A quick review of breastfeeding recommendations, including timelines for infant weaning, guidelines for appropriate supplementation and contraindications.
A quick review of polycystic ovary syndrome, a heterogeneous androgen excess syndrome that can cause hirsutism, secondary amenorrhea, obesity, hyperinsulinemia and infertility, providing the latest global evidence for diagnosis and treatment.
Chronic inflammation can lead to a calcaneal spur at the base of the heel bone.
A quick review of urinary tract infection in adults using the best global evidence.
- Younger, unrelated donors with high T cell counts make better matches for patients undergoing stem cell transplant
- Distinct triple-positive subtypes identified in breast cancer
- Managing oral oncology/hematology treatments in your practice
- Avocados may hold the answer to beating leukemia
- Viagra and other erectile dysfunction medications not found to increase melanoma risk
- Survivorship care plans: The shift back to primary care
- Scientists identify key to preventing metastatic breast cancer
- Cancer and intimate partner violence: Could you tell if one of your patients is a victim?
- Composing a CoC-compliant community health needs assessment (CHNA)
- Cancer Clusters (Fact Sheet)
- Cetuximab may be beneficial beyond progression in certain patients with mCRC
- Study confirms benefit of regorafenib in previously treated metastatic colorectal cancer
- Injury to the big toe leads to an unexpected lymphoma
- Perception of risk from tobacco use is lower among cancer survivors who smoke
- Comorbid conditions associated with worse lung cancer survival
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|