Two infants with advanced acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) achieved full remission following gene therapy involving modified autologous CAR-T cells.
[Clinical Medicine Insights] In this case study, a 63-year-old man with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (CRPC) was successfully treated for two years with in situ gene therapy using an adenovirus vector carrying the human REIC/Dkk‑3 gene.
Scientists have shown that DNA origami can be used for the targeted delivery of cancer drugs to tumor cells in mice.
Adding to the picture of what prompts breast cancer to form, researchers have found that distant estrogen response elements can act independently of oncogenes to spur tumor development.
Cellular therapy and gene therapy have been successfully combined in a mouse model to develop a viable treatment strategy for breast cancer that has spread to a patient's brain.
A gene that helps regulate bladder cancer growth and metastasis appears to be a promising target for detecting and monitoring the disease.
A small study showed the safety of using gene therapy in the salivary gland to repair damage caused by radiation for head and neck cancer.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Triplet Regimen Found Most Effective for Relapsed/Refractory Multiple Myeloma
- Integrating Preoperative Oral Care Into Cancer Treatment Plans
- Current Status and Dilemma of Second-line Treatment in Advanced Pancreatic Cancer: Is There a Silver Lining?
- American Association for Cancer Research Releases Its 2018 Annual Report
- Pulmonary Toxicity Increased in Pediatric Hodgkin Lymphoma Treated With Brentuximab Vedotin
- Benefit of Chemotherapy for Breast Cancer Observed With Midrange Gene Assay Score
- Antioxidant Interaction With Cancer Therapy
- Young Survivors of Breast Cancer Report Sexual Quality of Life Declines After Treatment
- Myeloablative Conditioning Effective in AML Secondary to MDS/MPN Prior to Allogeneic HCT
- Insurance Status Influences Overall Survival in Follicular Lymphoma
- Endocrine Society Released Guidelines for Managing Endocrine Disorders in Childhood Cancer Survivors
- Skin Cancer Screening: Are They Effective?
- Metronidazole, Vancomycin Recommended for C Difficile in Pediatric Oncology, HSCT
- CDC: HPV Vaccination Rates on the Rise Among Adolescents
- High-Dose vs Standard-Dose Flu Vaccine in Elderly Receiving Chemotherapy
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|