Combining a laboratory ultrasound technique called sonoporation with the commercially available chemotherapy compound gemcitabine increases the porosity of pancreatic cells with microbubbles and helps get the drug into cancer cells.
Adjuvant gemcitabine plus capecitabine significantly improved overall survival compared with gemcitabine monotherapy in patients with pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma, according to results of the ESPAC-4 trial presented at the ASCO 2016 Annual Meeting.
Concurrent Radiotherapy With Oral Fluoropyrimidine Versus Gemcitabine in Locally Advanced Pancreatic Cancer: A Systematic Review and Meta-AnalysisNovember 13, 2015
[OncoTargets and Therapy] This research evaluates the efficacy and toxicities of oral FU-based CRT compared with GEM-based CRT for the treatment of locally advanced pancreatic cancer (LAPC).
Researchers are working on a way to use artificial intelligence to predict a patient's response to two common chemotherapy drugs used to treat breast cancer: paclitaxel and gemcitabine.
When giving gemcitabine (Gemzar) and cisplatin (Platinol), is it better to give gemcitabine first to reduce myelosuppression with every indication?
Transport properties identified on routine CT scans correlate with clinically relevant end points for patients with pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma (PDAC) who receive preoperative gemcitabine chemoradiotherapy.
For patients with metastatic pancreatic cancer, treatment with albumin-bound paclitaxel (nab-paclitaxel) plus gemcitabine is more effective than gemcitabine alone.
Adjuvant treatment also improves disease-free survival compared with observation
Patients with advanced biliary cancer treated with cisplatin plus gemcitabine experience a significant survival advantage without added toxicity, according to a study published in The New England Journal of Medicine (2010;362(14):1273-1281).
Women with advanced or recurrent endometrial cancer respond to gemcitabine and cisplatin when used together, according to a study presented at the Society of Gynecologic Oncologists' 41st Annual Meeting.
Resistance to chemotherapy is one of the greatest challenges in pancreatic cancer treatment. However, US researchers have found that inhibiting the enzyme TAK-1 can overcome this.
- Short-Term Intervention May Have Long-term Diet Effect in Hispanic Breast Cancer Survivors
- Childhood Cancer Linked to Poor Diet Quality in Adult Survivors
- Low-Dose Sublingual Fentanyl Safe, Effective in Patients Receiving Lower Opioid Doses
- Atezolizumab Granted FDA Approval for Specific Cases of NSCLC
- New Research Identifies Potential Bladder Cancer Chemotherapy Side Effect
- Overall Benefits of Vaporized Nicotine Products Outweigh Harms, Says International Panel of Experts
- Sugar and Cancer: Mitigating the Affects of Diet on Cancer
- Nurse Residency Programs Can Impact Oncology Nursing Practice, Outcomes
- Implementing a Distress Screening Process for Cancer Patients
- Initiating Palliative Care in the Emergency Department
- HIIT Improves Cardiorespiratory Fitness in Patients With Resectable NSCLC
- More Than Half of Melanomas Are Self-Detected, Especially by Women
- Recurrence Score Appears To Be Driving Personalized Treatment for Breast Cancer
- Smoking-related Cancer Deaths Highest in Southern United States
- Study Suggests More Men With Prostate Cancer Would Choose Active Surveillance if it Were Offered
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|