Use of Adjuvant gemcitabine plus capecitabine for patients with pancreatic cancer who have undergone tumor resection resulted in a modest increase short-term survival.
Combining a laboratory ultrasound technique called sonoporation with the commercially available chemotherapy compound gemcitabine increases the porosity of pancreatic cells with microbubbles and helps get the drug into cancer cells.
Adjuvant gemcitabine plus capecitabine significantly improved overall survival compared with gemcitabine monotherapy in patients with pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma, according to results of the ESPAC-4 trial presented at the ASCO 2016 Annual Meeting.
Concurrent Radiotherapy With Oral Fluoropyrimidine Versus Gemcitabine in Locally Advanced Pancreatic Cancer: A Systematic Review and Meta-AnalysisNovember 13, 2015
[OncoTargets and Therapy] This research evaluates the efficacy and toxicities of oral FU-based CRT compared with GEM-based CRT for the treatment of locally advanced pancreatic cancer (LAPC).
Researchers are working on a way to use artificial intelligence to predict a patient's response to two common chemotherapy drugs used to treat breast cancer: paclitaxel and gemcitabine.
When giving gemcitabine (Gemzar) and cisplatin (Platinol), is it better to give gemcitabine first to reduce myelosuppression with every indication?
Transport properties identified on routine CT scans correlate with clinically relevant end points for patients with pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma (PDAC) who receive preoperative gemcitabine chemoradiotherapy.
For patients with metastatic pancreatic cancer, treatment with albumin-bound paclitaxel (nab-paclitaxel) plus gemcitabine is more effective than gemcitabine alone.
Adjuvant treatment also improves disease-free survival compared with observation
Patients with advanced biliary cancer treated with cisplatin plus gemcitabine experience a significant survival advantage without added toxicity, according to a study published in The New England Journal of Medicine (2010;362(14):1273-1281).
Women with advanced or recurrent endometrial cancer respond to gemcitabine and cisplatin when used together, according to a study presented at the Society of Gynecologic Oncologists' 41st Annual Meeting.
Resistance to chemotherapy is one of the greatest challenges in pancreatic cancer treatment. However, US researchers have found that inhibiting the enzyme TAK-1 can overcome this.
- Physical Activity Improves Outcomes for Patients with Breast Cancer and Survivors
- Behavior Pain Assessment Tool Measures Pain In Patients Who Cannot Communicate Verbally
- Whole Genome Sequencing Reveals that 12% of Childhood Cancer Survivors Have Mutations in Genes that Increase Cancer Risk
- Increased 5-Year Survival Rate Seen in NSCLC Subset Treated With Nivolumab
- Novel Test For Multiple Myeloma Uses Microchip, Conventional Blood Sample
- Exercise, Psychological Interventions Better for Cancer Fatigue Than Medications
- ASCO Issues Global Guidance for HPV Vaccination for Cervical Cancer Prevention
- Discharge Events Improved With Standardized Inpatient Palliative Care Consultation
- Little Opposition to Early Palliative Care for Symptom Management in Pediatric Oncology
- Updated ASTRO Guideline Bolsters Safety, Efficacy of Palliative RT for Bone Metastases
- Thyroid Cancer Incidence Increasing Among Younger, Hispanic, African American Populations
- JAK1, JAK2 Inhibition Improves Outcomes in Myeloproliferative Neoplasms, But More Is Needed
- Recommendations Against Contralateral Prophylactic Mastectomy Not Tied to Patient Satisfaction
- Self-efficacy Level Predictive of Likelihood to Follow Through With Colorectal Cancer Screening
- Chronic Myeloproliferative Neoplasms Treatment (Fact Sheet)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|