Combining a laboratory ultrasound technique called sonoporation with the commercially available chemotherapy compound gemcitabine increases the porosity of pancreatic cells with microbubbles and helps get the drug into cancer cells.
Adjuvant gemcitabine plus capecitabine significantly improved overall survival compared with gemcitabine monotherapy in patients with pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma, according to results of the ESPAC-4 trial presented at the ASCO 2016 Annual Meeting.
Concurrent Radiotherapy With Oral Fluoropyrimidine Versus Gemcitabine in Locally Advanced Pancreatic Cancer: A Systematic Review and Meta-AnalysisNovember 13, 2015
[OncoTargets and Therapy] This research evaluates the efficacy and toxicities of oral FU-based CRT compared with GEM-based CRT for the treatment of locally advanced pancreatic cancer (LAPC).
Researchers are working on a way to use artificial intelligence to predict a patient's response to two common chemotherapy drugs used to treat breast cancer: paclitaxel and gemcitabine.
When giving gemcitabine (Gemzar) and cisplatin (Platinol), is it better to give gemcitabine first to reduce myelosuppression with every indication?
Transport properties identified on routine CT scans correlate with clinically relevant end points for patients with pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma (PDAC) who receive preoperative gemcitabine chemoradiotherapy.
For patients with metastatic pancreatic cancer, treatment with albumin-bound paclitaxel (nab-paclitaxel) plus gemcitabine is more effective than gemcitabine alone.
Adjuvant treatment also improves disease-free survival compared with observation
Patients with advanced biliary cancer treated with cisplatin plus gemcitabine experience a significant survival advantage without added toxicity, according to a study published in The New England Journal of Medicine (2010;362(14):1273-1281).
Women with advanced or recurrent endometrial cancer respond to gemcitabine and cisplatin when used together, according to a study presented at the Society of Gynecologic Oncologists' 41st Annual Meeting.
Resistance to chemotherapy is one of the greatest challenges in pancreatic cancer treatment. However, US researchers have found that inhibiting the enzyme TAK-1 can overcome this.
- Acupuncture Improves Postoperative Symptoms in Women Undergoing Surgery for Breast Cancer
- Prehabilitation Program Improves Preoperative Fitness in Patients With Colorectal Cancer
- Alcohol Consumption, Particularly White Wine, Associated With Increased Risk of Melanoma
- Combination of Gemcitabine and New CHK1 Inhibitor Is Effective in Soft Tissue Sarcomas
- Omitting RT in Certain Older Women With Early Breast Cancer is Safe
- Exercise is as Effective in Treating Metastatic Prostate Cancer as Medication
- Walnut Consumption Changes Gut Microbiome, Decreases Growth of Colon Cancer in Mice
- Vaccine Enters Phase I Study for Safety and Effectiveness in Multiple Myeloma
- Timing Chemotherapy Administration to Circadian Rhythm Improves Drug Effectiveness
- New Therapy Blocks Breast Cancer Cells From Entering and Hiding in Bone Marrow to Form Latent Metastases
- Community Breast Navigation Program Improved Breast Screening Rates in Underserved African American and Latino Women
- Live-streamed Videos Address End-of-Life Planning, Decision-making
- Metastatic Disease Linked to Patients Reporting Diminished QoL
- History of Bilateral Salpingo-oophorectomy, Hormone Replacement Therapy Are Predictive of Breast Density at Cancer Diagnosis
- Mammographically Occult Contralateral Breast Cancer Detection is Effective With Preoperative MRI
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|