Research presented at the 2017 European Cancer Congress describes the potential of a noninvasive diagnostic test for esophageal and gastric cancers that measures chemicals in the breath.
Chemotherapy may be overused among young and middle-aged adults with colon cancer, with the addition of adjuvant chemotherapy not resulting in a matched survival benefit.
MABp1 (Xilonix) is an interleukin 1α-targeting antibody associated with antitumor activity and relief of debilitating symptoms in patients with advanced colorectal cancer. In this ongoing phase 3 clinical trial, its impact on other debilitating symptoms in this population was evaluated.
In this study, the impact of advancements in surgical technique and systemic therapy for stage II and III rectal cancers was assessed via a comparison of outcomes after neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy followed by definitive resection with those for neoadjuvant multiagent chemotherapy without radiation therapy.
In patients with advanced HCC and a baseline αFP level of 400 ng/mL or more, a survival benefit with second-line ramucirumab therapy was observed for those with Child-Pugh scores of 5 and 6.
The combination of adjuvant bevacizumab and capecitabine failed to improve disease-free survival compared with capecitabine alone in patients with mCRC who had undergone potentially curative surgery.
- Novel Blood Test Detects Cancer, Locates Tumor Without Invasive Procedures
- Cabozantinib Activates Innate Immune Response, Eliminating Prostate Cancer
- Shorter Treatment of Breast Cancer with Trastuzumab May Lead to Improved Results
- Colorectal Cancer Rates Increased Sharply Among Generation X and Millennials
- Pneumonia Associated With Common Cold May Cause Fatal Illness in Stem Cell Transplant Recipients
- Early Palliative Care Reduced ICU Use in Patients With Advanced Cancer
- Ginger Extract Raises Antioxidant Levels in Patients Undergoing Chemotherapy
- Nurse Navigators Improve Physician Engagement in Pretreatment Discussions
- Screening Increases Early Palliative Care, Reduces Aggressive EOL Measures
- Antiperspirants/Deodorants and Breast Cancer (Fact Sheet)
- Genome Sequencing Explains Resistance to CTLA-4 and PD-1 Inhibitors in Metastatic Melanoma
- Lifestyle Choices Have Greater Influence on Colon and Rectal Cancer Risk
- Kidney Cancer Metastases in Lung May Hide Undiagnosed Primary Lung Cancer
- Nasal Biomarker in Smokers Could Predict Lung Cancer
- Arm Lymphoscintigraphy After Axillary Lymph Node Dissection or Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy in Breast Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|