Research presented at the 2017 European Cancer Congress describes the potential of a noninvasive diagnostic test for esophageal and gastric cancers that measures chemicals in the breath.
Chemotherapy may be overused among young and middle-aged adults with colon cancer, with the addition of adjuvant chemotherapy not resulting in a matched survival benefit.
MABp1 (Xilonix) is an interleukin 1α-targeting antibody associated with antitumor activity and relief of debilitating symptoms in patients with advanced colorectal cancer. In this ongoing phase 3 clinical trial, its impact on other debilitating symptoms in this population was evaluated.
In this study, the impact of advancements in surgical technique and systemic therapy for stage II and III rectal cancers was assessed via a comparison of outcomes after neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy followed by definitive resection with those for neoadjuvant multiagent chemotherapy without radiation therapy.
In patients with advanced HCC and a baseline αFP level of 400 ng/mL or more, a survival benefit with second-line ramucirumab therapy was observed for those with Child-Pugh scores of 5 and 6.
The combination of adjuvant bevacizumab and capecitabine failed to improve disease-free survival compared with capecitabine alone in patients with mCRC who had undergone potentially curative surgery.
- Immunotherapy May Benefit Some Patients with Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma
- New Study Questions Standard Dosage for Treating Metastatic Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Clinical Trials May Benefit Oncology Patients
- Breast Cancer Overdiagnosis Also a Result of Screening Mammography Programs
- Prostate-specific PET and CT Imaging Improves Detection of Disease and Patient Care
- Survivorship Care Plans: Providing A Blueprint for Health Care After Cancer
- Cancer Recurrence Fear Reduced by Novel Psychological Intervention
- Multifaceted Role of the Nurse Navigator Includes Palliative, Supportive Care
- Patient Navigators Found to Boost Lung Cancer Screening Rates
- Breast Cancer Diagnosis and Nurse Navigation Survey
- Novel 3D Marker Reduces Radiation, Improves Cosmesis in Breast Conserving Surgery
- Rates at Some Milestones May Indicate Clinical Trial Results for Immunotherapeutics
- Cancer Risks for BRCA1/2 Mutation Carriers Determined by Age, Family History, Mutation Location
- Long-Term Use of TPO Receptor Agonist Safe in CLL-Associated Immune Thrombocytopenia
- Savolitinib Active, Tolerable in Subset of Advanced Papillary Renal Cell Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|