Research presented at the 2017 European Cancer Congress describes the potential of a noninvasive diagnostic test for esophageal and gastric cancers that measures chemicals in the breath.
Chemotherapy may be overused among young and middle-aged adults with colon cancer, with the addition of adjuvant chemotherapy not resulting in a matched survival benefit.
MABp1 (Xilonix) is an interleukin 1α-targeting antibody associated with antitumor activity and relief of debilitating symptoms in patients with advanced colorectal cancer. In this ongoing phase 3 clinical trial, its impact on other debilitating symptoms in this population was evaluated.
In this study, the impact of advancements in surgical technique and systemic therapy for stage II and III rectal cancers was assessed via a comparison of outcomes after neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy followed by definitive resection with those for neoadjuvant multiagent chemotherapy without radiation therapy.
In patients with advanced HCC and a baseline αFP level of 400 ng/mL or more, a survival benefit with second-line ramucirumab therapy was observed for those with Child-Pugh scores of 5 and 6.
The combination of adjuvant bevacizumab and capecitabine failed to improve disease-free survival compared with capecitabine alone in patients with mCRC who had undergone potentially curative surgery.
- Cholesterol-Lowering Drugs May Prevent Breast Cancer Recurrence
- Blood Test Predicts Stem Cell Transplant Success in Myelodysplastic Syndrome
- Idelalisib Increases Progression-Free Survival in Patients with Relapsed or Refractory Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Trends in Behaviors, Medical Practice Indicate Mortality From Melanoma Will Decline
- Immunotherapy and the Future of Prostate Cancer Treatment
- Survivors Reporting Chronic Neuropathic Pain Struggle to Retain Jobs
- Timing of Chemotherapy Infusion Affects Inflammatory Response to Chemotherapy
- Postoperative Gemcitabine Plus Capecitabine: A New Standard of Care for Pancreatic Cancer
- Blood-Forming Stem Cell Transplants (Fact Sheet)
- Nut Consumption Inversely Associated With Lung Cancer Risk
- Use of Checkpoint Inhibitors in Urothelial Carcinoma
- Chemo + Radiotherapy Efficacious in Muscle-invasive Bladder Cancer
- Elderly with NSCLC Can Tolerate Aggressive Radiation Therapy Treatments
- Colorectal Cancer Risk Higher With Poor Metabolic Health vs Increased Weight
- Best Approach to Infection and Tumor Treatment: Contain or Eliminate?
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|