Gastrointestinal Cancer News & Features
Poor compliance to NCCN guidelines for adjuvant chemotherapy appears to be associated with poorer overall survival.
Favorable Perioperative Outcomes After Resection of Borderline Resectable Pancreatic Cancer Treated With Neoadjuvant Stereotactic Radiation and Chemotherapy Compared with Upfront Pancreatectomy for Resectable Cancer
[Journal of Gastrointestinal Oncology] This research examines outcomes related to the use of neoadjuvant multi-agent chemotherapy and stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT) in borderline resectable pancreatic cancer (BRPC) or locally advanced pancreatic cancer (LAPC) patients.
Research indicates that metformin can confer improved survival for patients with colorectal cancer that also have diabetes.
Research findings reveal the mechanism by which obesity increases inflammation and desmoplasia in the most frequent type of pancreatic cancer, using mouse models and human tissue samples.
Systematic Palliative Care Provides Greater Improvement in Quality of Life for Patients with Pancreatic Cancer
Quality of life is significantly improved for patients with pancreatic cancer when systematic palliative care is administered vs on-demand palliative care.
Gastrointestinal Cancer Clinical Trials
- PMPS: A Common Late Effect of Surgery and Radiation for Breast Cancer
- Breast Cancer Tumors Often a Composite of Tumor Types, Enhancing Treatment Resistance
- Daratumumab Plus Len-Dex an Encouraging Combo for Multiple Myeloma
- Bone Marrow vs Bloodstream: Stem Cell Source Influences Transplantation Outcomes
- Nurses Are Key to Referrals to Inpatient Integrative Medicine Services
- Exercise is as Effective in Treating Metastatic Prostate Cancer as Medication
- Walnut Consumption Changes Gut Microbiome, Decreases Growth of Colon Cancer in Mice
- Triple-Drug Therapy Produces Response in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, Mouse Study Shows
- Vaccine Enters Phase I Study for Safety and Effectiveness in Multiple Myeloma
- Study Supports Increased Role for Surgery in Multimodality Therapy for Early Stage SCLC
- Analgesic Effects of Cannabis Is Different Between Men and Women
- Poor Oral Health Associated With OPSCC Regardless of HPV Status
- Methylnaltrexone Linked to Improved Survival in Advanced Cancer
- Music Interventions Improve Cancer and Treatment Symptoms
- Novel Radiotracer Is Near Perfect in Detecting Sentinel Lymph Node in Breast Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|