Gastrointestinal Cancer News & Features
Aspirin's anti-inflammatory action is protective against another aggressive cancer: cholangiocarcinoma. Furthermore, it is beneficial regardless of daily use or dose.
Metastatic capabilities of pancreatic cancer might arise before tumors even form. Metastasis and advanced stage of disease at diagnosis are attributed to low survival rates for pancreatic cancer.
Measurements of copies of a single gene circulating in the bloodstream allowed scientists to identify patients with stomach cancer who were most likely to respond to treatment.
Combining a laboratory ultrasound technique called sonoporation with the commercially available chemotherapy compound gemcitabine increases the porosity of pancreatic cells with microbubbles and helps get the drug into cancer cells.
Despite the increased risk, patients whose pancreatic cancer tumor has grown to encompass critical blood vessels can be candidates for surgery. Data on efforts to fine-tune a protocol for these patients were presented at the SSAT 57th Annual Meeting.
Gastrointestinal Cancer Clinical Trials
- Baseline PSA Levels in Midlife Could Predict Risk of Lethal Prostate Cancer
- Walnut Consumption Changes Gut Microbiome, Decreases Growth of Colon Cancer in Mice
- Timing Chemotherapy Administration to Circadian Rhythm Improves Drug Effectiveness
- Up to One-Quarter of Patients With Lung Cancer Ineligible for Immunotherapy
- Imaging Technique Is Predictive of Immunotherapy Response in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Exercise is as Effective in Treating Metastatic Prostate Cancer as Medication
- Triple-Drug Therapy Produces Response in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, Mouse Study Shows
- Vaccine Enters Phase I Study for Safety and Effectiveness in Multiple Myeloma
- Study Supports Increased Role for Surgery in Multimodality Therapy for Early Stage SCLC
- Vitamin D and Androgen Receptor-Targeted Therapy Are Effective in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer
- Nonadherence to Noncancer Medication Schedules Predicts Adherence to Adjuvant Hormone Therapy for Breast Cancer
- Premedication With Antiemetic Improves Length of Stay and Readmissions for a Liver Cancer Procedure
- Aspirin Use Found to Prevent Cholangiocarcinoma
- Focal Laser Ablation Feasible and Safe for Treatment of Prostate Cancer
- Lung Cancer Signature Detected Via Breath Test Improves Early Diagnosis
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|