Attending to a patient's spiritual needs is an important aspect of oncology care, but this can also be a challenging topic to broach. This guide helps nurses chart a course for this essential conversation.
Yoga is becoming an increasingly popular practice among patients with cancer, and for good reason. The practice helps patients cope with their disease and its treatment on many levels.
Understanding the Triple Negative Breast Cancer Patient: Tips and Tools for Health Care Professionals
Although treatment options are different and recurrence rates higher for triple negative breast cancer, patients with this subtype of the disease can be hopeful for good treatment outcomes.
Age-related decline in older patients further complicates their ability to maintain an adequate health literacy level. This discussion presents key points to help nurses improve the health literacy of their older patients.
Providing care for a loved one with cancer is even more difficult for long-distance caregivers. In this column, an oncology social worker offers tips on helping caregivers overcome these challenges.
Communication and honesty are key when discussing cancer and treatment options with adolescents with cancer.
Use of straightforward, age-appropriate language is essential to communicating with pediatric oncology patients about their cancer and treatments, and gaining their trust in the medical team.
The inability to have children as a result of cancer treatment can be a significant loss for patients and their caregivers. These tips can help nurses guide patients as they learn to cope.
The stigma of smoking as a cause of cancer can add to a patient's difficulty in coping with lung cancer, even for patients who never smoked cigarettes.
Breast cancer during pregnancy presents additional psychosocial challenges as patients cope with a devastating diagnosis during a time of hope and promise for the future.
Fact Sheets from CancerCare
This fact sheet defines computed tomography (CT), explains its use in cancer detection, and answers questions regarding radiation exposure from CT use.
This fact sheet explores links between garlic and cancer prevention, including study and clinical trials evidence and safety concerns.
This fact sheet defines radon and reviews radon-related cancer risks.
- Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA) Test (Fact Sheet)
- Inconclusive: The Pulmonary Nodules You Need to Follow
- Proposed Regimen for Ovarian Cancer Is Aggressive, But Could Achieve a 50% Cure Rate
- Better Approaches to Patient Counseling of BRCA Gene Mutation Carriers Needed
- Dasatinib, Nilotinib, Ponatinib Increase Vascular Occlusive Events
- Low-income Breast Cancer Survivors Benefit From Personalized Survivorship Care Plans
- Understanding Drug Naming Nomenclature
- Nurse Navigators Key to Seamless Transition From Pediatric to Adult Survivorship Care
- Common Painkiller Has Anticancer Effects
- Palliative Care is Cost Effective for Cancer Patients, and Increases With Comorbidities
- Cola Consumption May Increase Erlotinib Absorption in Patients Taking PPIs
- Nab-paclitaxel Increases Complete Response Rate in Invasive Breast Cancer
- Understanding Participation Factors Related to Web- and Phone-based Tobacco Cessation Programs
- Satisfaction With Navigators Associated With Satisfaction With Cancer-related Care
- Earlier and More Frequent Tanning Bed Use by Women Associated With Melanoma Incidence and Age at Diagnosis
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|