How men perceive their role within their family dynamic or social circles may impact how they respond to a cancer diagnosis. Often they retreat or shut down, further challenging the efforts of their oncology care providers and loved ones to help them cope.
Patients may need help talking about their cancer diagnosis with their families, especially their children. The Pillow Talk Care package is an at-home activity kit that helps facilitate this difficult discussion.
Animal assisted interventions such as visits from therapy dogs and patients' pets are proven to improve patient outcomes.
The special needs of older adult patients and caregivers, who are usually also older persons, can be a nursing challenge. These tips will ensure you are communicating effectively with this patient population.
The ability to work through cancer treatment or after treatment ends is a concern of many patients. They need to be reassured that resources and support are available for them and their caregivers.
A significant part of counseling patients with cancer is offering guidance on when and how to tell their children about their diagnosis.
Online cancer support groups and programs offer patients a chance to connect with people who understand their journey.
Survivorship plans should be based on patients' answers to these basic questions about their goals and wishes after treatment ends.
A patient's self image can reduce his or her coping abilities and can be significantly impacted by this distressing side effect.
Clinicians and even patients themselves tend to undervalue the need for help with nonclinical concerns.
Fact Sheets from CancerCare
This fact sheet explores the effect of existing stress on cancer risk and cancer outcomes.
This fact sheet explores the relationship between use of hair coloring products and possible cancer risk.
This fact sheet examines the relationship between oral contraception and risk of breast, ovarian, endometrial, liver, and cervical cancers.
- Drug combination suppresses growth of late-stage prostate cancer tumors
- Ultrasound helps determine which breast cancer patients need lymph nodes removed
- California breast density law slow to have an impact
- New treatment method shrinks ovarian cancer tumors and improves chemotherapy effectiveness
- Epigenetic signatures differentiate triple negative breast cancers
- Crucial role of breast cancer tumor suppressor revealed
- What determines cost-effectiveness of targeted anticancer therapies?
- Physician-controlled decisions in cancer care linked to lower quality rating
- Transfusion Indications for Patients With Cancer
- Lung cancer may be treatable with use of SapC-DOPS technology
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|