A diagnosis of a rare cancer is compounded by a greater sense of isolation because patients often struggle to find "someone like me." Support measures need to provide a sense of inclusion as well as meet unique needs.
Physical activity is proven to improve both physical and mental effects of cancer diagnosis and treatment, even if the activity needs to be modified to fit the patient's current abilities.
Despite recent new legislation, medical marijuana as an adjunct to palliative and end-of-life care remains controversial. But a greater acceptance within both the medical community and the lay public is prompting research on how it can be integrated into standard care.
Journaling can offer patients with cancer a safe space to express and process emotions without fear of judgment or risk of burdening loved ones.
A cursory look at hypnosis and where it may be used to offer an alternative and side-effect-free management of several aspects of care that can be beneficial to patients with cancer.
Culturally sensitive communications with Hispanic patients can help them understand their cancer diagnosis and treatment options.
Cancers that cause more readily noticeable physical changes can produce self-image challenges for patients. This discussion reviews what interventions can help validate patients' self-image concerns.
The decision to resume or begin dating after a cancer diagnosis can be particularly stressful.
Cognitive-behavioral therapy techniques can help patients with cancer turn their negative thoughts into positive attitudes, as well as find meaning and purpose to their life.
Serious mental illness can both challenge and compromise cancer care. To ensure these patients receive optimal cancer care, the oncology team should include the patient's mental health care team.
Cancer Fact Sheets
This fact sheet defines computed tomography (CT), explains its use in cancer detection, and answers questions regarding radiation exposure from CT use.
This fact sheet explores links between garlic and cancer prevention, including study and clinical trials evidence and safety concerns.
This fact sheet defines radon and reviews radon-related cancer risks.
- Immunotherapy May Benefit Some Patients with Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma
- Screening Recommendations for Children with Common Cancer Predisposition Syndromes
- Significance of Prostate Cancer Treatment-Related Factors Differ in Black, White Men
- New Study Questions Standard Dosage for Treating Metastatic Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Superior Tolerability, Efficacy With Alectinib in Treatment-Naïve ALK-poistive NSCLC
- Survivorship Care Plans: Providing A Blueprint for Health Care After Cancer
- Cancer Recurrence Fear Reduced by Novel Psychological Intervention
- Multifaceted Role of the Nurse Navigator Includes Palliative, Supportive Care
- Patient Navigators Found to Boost Lung Cancer Screening Rates
- Lack of Transfusion Services a Barrier to Hospice Care for Patients With Blood Cancers
- Breast Cancer Overdiagnosis Also a Result of Screening Mammography Programs
- Use of Aspirin, NSAIDs Correlates with Improved Overall Survival in Colorectal Cancer
- Cancer Risk Not Increased by Childhood Exposure to Diagnostic Radiation
- Aspirin Use May Lower Breast Cancer Risk in Women with Diabetes
- Ethnic Differences, Cultural Barriers Negatively Impact Mammography Follow-up Among Asian Ethnic Groups
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|