The decision to resume or begin dating after a cancer diagnosis can be particularly stressful.
Cognitive-behavioral therapy techniques can help patients with cancer turn their negative thoughts into positive attitudes, as well as find meaning and purpose to their life.
Serious mental illness can both challenge and compromise cancer care. To ensure these patients receive optimal cancer care, the oncology team should include the patient's mental health care team.
Accepting the need for counseling or support services may be difficult for many patients. Clinicians need to be attuned to specific clues during a first contact to make an accurate initial assessment.
The simple childhood pleasure of a coloring book and crayons—or colored pencils, as in this case—provide the foundation of a unique support group for patients with cancer and their families.
Each of these diagnoses has many implications for both nurses and patients. When combined, nurses need to anticipate that these patients may have greater psychosocial challenges.
Attending to a patient's spiritual needs is an important aspect of oncology care, but this can also be a challenging topic to broach. This guide helps nurses chart a course for this essential conversation.
Yoga is becoming an increasingly popular practice among patients with cancer, and for good reason. The practice helps patients cope with their disease and its treatment on many levels.
Understanding the Triple Negative Breast Cancer Patient: Tips and Tools for Health Care Professionals
Although treatment options are different and recurrence rates higher for triple negative breast cancer, patients with this subtype of the disease can be hopeful for good treatment outcomes.
Age-related decline in older patients further complicates their ability to maintain an adequate health literacy level. This discussion presents key points to help nurses improve the health literacy of their older patients.
Cancer Fact Sheets
This fact sheet defines computed tomography (CT), explains its use in cancer detection, and answers questions regarding radiation exposure from CT use.
This fact sheet explores links between garlic and cancer prevention, including study and clinical trials evidence and safety concerns.
This fact sheet defines radon and reviews radon-related cancer risks.
- PMPS: A Common Late Effect of Surgery and Radiation for Breast Cancer
- Breast Cancer Tumors Often a Composite of Tumor Types, Enhancing Treatment Resistance
- Daratumumab Plus Len-Dex an Encouraging Combo for Multiple Myeloma
- Bone Marrow vs Bloodstream: Stem Cell Source Influences Transplantation Outcomes
- Nurses Are Key to Referrals to Inpatient Integrative Medicine Services
- Exercise is as Effective in Treating Metastatic Prostate Cancer as Medication
- Walnut Consumption Changes Gut Microbiome, Decreases Growth of Colon Cancer in Mice
- Triple-Drug Therapy Produces Response in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, Mouse Study Shows
- Vaccine Enters Phase I Study for Safety and Effectiveness in Multiple Myeloma
- Study Supports Increased Role for Surgery in Multimodality Therapy for Early Stage SCLC
- Analgesic Effects of Cannabis Is Different Between Men and Women
- Poor Oral Health Associated With OPSCC Regardless of HPV Status
- Methylnaltrexone Linked to Improved Survival in Advanced Cancer
- Music Interventions Improve Cancer and Treatment Symptoms
- Novel Radiotracer Is Near Perfect in Detecting Sentinel Lymph Node in Breast Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|