Yoga is becoming an increasingly popular practice among patients with cancer, and for good reason. The practice helps patients cope with their disease and its treatment on many levels.
Understanding the Triple Negative Breast Cancer Patient: Tips and Tools for Health Care Professionals
Although treatment options are different and recurrence rates higher for triple negative breast cancer, patients with this subtype of the disease can be hopeful for good treatment outcomes.
Age-related decline in older patients further complicates their ability to maintain an adequate health literacy level. This discussion presents key points to help nurses improve the health literacy of their older patients.
Providing care for a loved one with cancer is even more difficult for long-distance caregivers. In this column, an oncology social worker offers tips on helping caregivers overcome these challenges.
Communication and honesty are key when discussing cancer and treatment options with adolescents with cancer.
Use of straightforward, age-appropriate language is essential to communicating with pediatric oncology patients about their cancer and treatments, and gaining their trust in the medical team.
The inability to have children as a result of cancer treatment can be a significant loss for patients and their caregivers. These tips can help nurses guide patients as they learn to cope.
The stigma of smoking as a cause of cancer can add to a patient's difficulty in coping with lung cancer, even for patients who never smoked cigarettes.
Breast cancer during pregnancy presents additional psychosocial challenges as patients cope with a devastating diagnosis during a time of hope and promise for the future.
How men perceive their role within their family dynamic or social circles may impact how they respond to a cancer diagnosis. Often they retreat or shut down, further challenging the efforts of their oncology care providers and loved ones to help them cope.
Fact Sheets from CancerCare
This fact sheet defines radon and reviews radon-related cancer risks.
This fact sheet explores the harmful effects of tobacco smoke, tobacco addiction, and the immediate and long-term benefits of smoking cessation.
This fact sheet reviews tumor grade classification and tumor grading systems that are specific to cancer types.
- Existing Drug May Limit Recurrence and Metastasis of Glioblastoma Multiforme
- New Blood Test Improves Screening for Prostate Cancer
- Blood Sample Offers a New Way of Detecting Cancer
- Nanoliposomal Irinotecan Extends Survival in Metastatic Pancreatic Cancer
- International Study Charts Genetic Trajectory for Melanoma
- Breastfeeding Associated With A Reduced Risk of Aggressive Breast Cancer
- Hospitals Should Enact Bereavement Programs, Researchers Urge
- Physical Activity Communications Should be Part of Oncology Care Clinic Visits With Patients
- Gut Bacteria Can Dramatically Amplify Cancer Immunotherapy
- Communication Practices of Many US Physicians May Be Discouraging HPV Vaccination
- ASH 2015 Placeholder
- Prescription Coverage Impacts Treatment Adherence in Breast Cancer, Even for Low-cost Drugs
- Late-onset Remission Seen in Patients With Lymphoma Treated with Immunomodulatory Drugs
- Impact of Early Palliative Care Varies Depending on Patient Age, Gender
- Weight Gain May Follow Head and Neck Cancer Operations
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|