The decision to resume or begin dating after a cancer diagnosis can be particularly stressful.
Cognitive-behavioral therapy techniques can help patients with cancer turn their negative thoughts into positive attitudes, as well as find meaning and purpose to their life.
Serious mental illness can both challenge and compromise cancer care. To ensure these patients receive optimal cancer care, the oncology team should include the patient's mental health care team.
Accepting the need for counseling or support services may be difficult for many patients. Clinicians need to be attuned to specific clues during a first contact to make an accurate initial assessment.
The simple childhood pleasure of a coloring book and crayons—or colored pencils, as in this case—provide the foundation of a unique support group for patients with cancer and their families.
Each of these diagnoses has many implications for both nurses and patients. When combined, nurses need to anticipate that these patients may have greater psychosocial challenges.
Attending to a patient's spiritual needs is an important aspect of oncology care, but this can also be a challenging topic to broach. This guide helps nurses chart a course for this essential conversation.
Yoga is becoming an increasingly popular practice among patients with cancer, and for good reason. The practice helps patients cope with their disease and its treatment on many levels.
Understanding the Triple Negative Breast Cancer Patient: Tips and Tools for Health Care Professionals
Although treatment options are different and recurrence rates higher for triple negative breast cancer, patients with this subtype of the disease can be hopeful for good treatment outcomes.
Age-related decline in older patients further complicates their ability to maintain an adequate health literacy level. This discussion presents key points to help nurses improve the health literacy of their older patients.
Cancer Fact Sheets
This fact sheet defines computed tomography (CT), explains its use in cancer detection, and answers questions regarding radiation exposure from CT use.
This fact sheet explores links between garlic and cancer prevention, including study and clinical trials evidence and safety concerns.
This fact sheet defines radon and reviews radon-related cancer risks.
- Study Identifies Factors Associated With Hearing Loss in Polycythemia Vera
- Ezh2 Inhibitors May Offer Cure for Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia
- Ruxolitinib: A Targeted Treatment Option for Patients with Polycythemia Vera
- Incontinence Affects QOL for Survivors of Gynecologic Cancers
- Robotic Surgery Provides Good Outcomes and Survival in Oropharyngeal Cancer
- Overall Benefits of Vaporized Nicotine Products Outweigh Harms, Says International Panel of Experts
- Sugar and Cancer: Mitigating the Affects of Diet on Cancer
- Nurse Residency Programs Can Impact Oncology Nursing Practice, Outcomes
- Tumor Markers (Fact Sheet)
- Implementing a Distress Screening Process for Cancer Patients
- Ruxolitinib Effective as Long-term Treatment Option for Polycythemia Vera
- Definitive IMRT Associated With Shorter Feeding Tube Placement Duration in HNC
- SBRT Improves Overall and Disease-Specific Survival in Stage I NSCLC
- Patients Receiving RT in APBI Facilities Despite Eligibility for Observation
- Prolonged Imatinib Therapy Improves Likelihood of Deeper Molecular Response
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|