Patients may need help talking about their cancer diagnosis with their families, especially their children. The Pillow Talk Care package is an at-home activity kit that helps facilitate this difficult discussion.
Animal assisted interventions such as visits from therapy dogs and patients' pets are proven to improve patient outcomes.
The special needs of older adult patients and caregivers, who are usually also older persons, can be a nursing challenge. These tips will ensure you are communicating effectively with this patient population.
The ability to work through cancer treatment or after treatment ends is a concern of many patients. They need to be reassured that resources and support are available for them and their caregivers.
A significant part of counseling patients with cancer is offering guidance on when and how to tell their children about their diagnosis.
Online cancer support groups and programs offer patients a chance to connect with people who understand their journey.
Survivorship plans should be based on patients' answers to these basic questions about their goals and wishes after treatment ends.
A patient's self image can reduce his or her coping abilities and can be significantly impacted by this distressing side effect.
Clinicians and even patients themselves tend to undervalue the need for help with nonclinical concerns.
The financial burden of a cancer diagnosis can be significant. Oncology nurses should familiarize themselves with the organizations that can help patients.
Fact Sheets from CancerCare
This fact sheet explores the relationship between use of hair coloring products and possible cancer risk.
This fact sheet examines the relationship between oral contraception and risk of breast, ovarian, endometrial, liver, and cervical cancers.
This fact sheet examines the role of physical activity and exercise in cancer prevention and cancer survivorship.
- Key discovery in understanding successes and failures of immunotherapy
- Researchers identify biological indicator of response to new ovarian cancer drug
- Managing obesity should be part of cancer care
- Galeterone active in one form of castration-resistant prostate cancer
- Reducing side effects of everolimus administration
- Navigation and survivorship: Rationalizing your program costs
- Monitoring psychosocial function in radiotherapy
- Comparison of medications for managing nausea and vomiting
- Comparison of constipation management medications
- Chemo- and immunotherapy combination is a promising treatment for pancreatic cancer
- High tumor immune cell levels may identify women with HER2+ breast cancer who may benefit from chemotherapy alone
- Hair Dyes and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- For bladder cancer, laparoscopic radical cystectomy effective at preventing recurrence
- Aspirin and/or NSAID use may improve risk of high-grade prostate cancer
- Modifying lifestyle, HPV vaccine can help prevent anal cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|