The stigma of smoking as a cause of cancer can add to a patient's difficulty in coping with lung cancer, even for patients who never smoked cigarettes.
Breast cancer during pregnancy presents additional psychosocial challenges as patients cope with a devastating diagnosis during a time of hope and promise for the future.
How men perceive their role within their family dynamic or social circles may impact how they respond to a cancer diagnosis. Often they retreat or shut down, further challenging the efforts of their oncology care providers and loved ones to help them cope.
Patients may need help talking about their cancer diagnosis with their families, especially their children. The Pillow Talk Care package is an at-home activity kit that helps facilitate this difficult discussion.
Animal assisted interventions such as visits from therapy dogs and patients' pets are proven to improve patient outcomes.
The special needs of older adult patients and caregivers, who are usually also older persons, can be a nursing challenge. These tips will ensure you are communicating effectively with this patient population.
The ability to work through cancer treatment or after treatment ends is a concern of many patients. They need to be reassured that resources and support are available for them and their caregivers.
A significant part of counseling patients with cancer is offering guidance on when and how to tell their children about their diagnosis.
Online cancer support groups and programs offer patients a chance to connect with people who understand their journey.
Survivorship plans should be based on patients' answers to these basic questions about their goals and wishes after treatment ends.
Fact Sheets from CancerCare
This fact sheet explains cancer staging, the TNM System, and tests commonly used to determine cancer stage.
This fact sheet explores the effect of existing stress on cancer risk and cancer outcomes.
This fact sheet explores the relationship between use of hair coloring products and possible cancer risk.
- Vitamin D and prostate cancer: Higher intake improves active surveillance outcomes
- Muscle-building supplements may be associated with testicular cancer
- Triple combination of two targeted therapies + immunotherapy is more effective in advanced melanoma
- Promising drug target identified in medulloblastoma
- Physical activity associated with less chemo-induced peripheral neuropathy
- mHealth app assesses breast cancer risk and aids prevention
- Socioeconomic factors increase mortality after lung cancer surgery
- Half of older U.S. adults take aspirin as preventive medicine
- Cardiorespiratory fitness linked with decreased metabolic syndrome risk among smokers
- Adjuvant chemotherapy in non-small cell lung cancer: State-of-the-art
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|