Generic Name and Formulations:
Fosinopril sodium, hydrochlorothiazide; 10mg/12.5mg, 20mg/12.5mg; tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Fosinopril/Hydrochlorothiazide:
Hypertension. Not for initial therapy.
Give once daily. Usual range: fosinopril: 10–20mg; HCTZ: 12.5–50mg. Severe renal impairment (CrCl<30mL/min): not recommended.
Anuria. Hypersensitivity to ACE inhibitors, sulfonamide-derived drugs.
Discontinue if angioedema, laryngeal edema, jaundice, or markedly elevated liver enzymes occurs. Salt/volume depletion; correct before initiating therapy. Renal or hepatic impairment. CHF. Dialysis (esp. high-flux membrane). Renal artery stenosis. Surgery. Diabetes. Gout. SLE. Monitor WBCs in renal or collagen vascular disease. Monitor electrolytes, BUN (if high). Pregnancy (Cat.C in 1st trimester; Cat.D in 2nd and 3rd trimester). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potassium or K+-sparing diuretics may cause hyperkalemia. May increase lithium levels. Antagonized by NSAIDs. Separate antacid dosing by 2hrs. May cause false low serum digoxin measurements. May antagonize norepinephrine, methenamine. May potentiate nondepolarizing muscle relaxants. Adjust antidiabetic, antigout medications. ACTH, corticosteroids increase hypokalemia risk. May interfere with parathyroid tests. Nitritoid reactions with injectable gold.
ACE inhibitor + diuretic (thiazide).
Headache, cough, fatigue; hyperkalemia, orthostatic hypotension, angioedema (discontinue if occurs).
Formerly known under the brand name Monopril HCT.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Risk for Cardiovascular Disease Higher in Survivors of Testicular Cancer
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- Age Not a Deterrent to Immunotherapy for Malignant Melanoma
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Patients With Head and Neck Cancer Have Greater Chance of Being Prescribed Opioids
- Medical Terms in Patient Education: Using the Confusing to Explain the Complicated
- Bedside Assessment Tool Improves Worst Pain in Patients With Cancer
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- USPSTF Rates Ovarian Cancer Screening a D for Asymptomatic, Low-Risk Women
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|