For Your Patient
Information and resources to help patients quit smoking and resources to help patients cope with lung cancer and its treatment.
Nonsmokers can show their support by participating in or creating an awareness event. The editors of Oncology Nurse Advisor offer ways to support lung cancer awareness and to show your support for someone trying to quit.
Patient information on coping with the emotional toll of cancer, making treatment decisions, dietary and nutritional needs, and survivorship care
Cancer patients may wish to explore acupuncture or other integrative care options. The following article details several options and provides related resources.
Meditation can help relieve stress in cancer patients. The following article details several types of meditation and includes related clinical trials.
The many benefits of meditation include reduce anxiety, ease pain, increase flexibility, and improve overall health. Although meditation is not a cure, it may improve quality of life for patients with cancer.
Various activities can help patients cope with cancer and its treatments. These techniques should not replace medical care, but they can enhance patients' quality of life.
These resources highlight several in-depth online booklets for patients that explain cancer clinical trials.
Patients can follow these ten steps when making a decision about whether a clinical trial is right for them.
Patients bombarded with information may find clinical trials difficult to understand. This article explains the concept and defines common terms.
- Cancer-related Neuropathy May Respond to Gene Therapy
- No Clinical Benefit to Expanding Gene Panel Beyond Ovarian and Breast Cancer Genes in High-risk Women
- A Protein Could Predict the Response to Immunotherapy in Metastatic Melanoma
- Atezolizumab Approved for Locally Advanced or Metastatic Urothelial Carcinoma
- Clinical Results Matches Development Locale With Subtype of Disease in Glioblastoma
- Overall Benefits of Vaporized Nicotine Products Outweigh Harms, Says International Panel of Experts
- Sugar and Cancer: Mitigating the Affects of Diet on Cancer
- Nurse Residency Programs Can Impact Oncology Nursing Practice, Outcomes
- Initiating Palliative Care in the Emergency Department
- Implementing a Distress Screening Process for Cancer Patients
- New Research Questions Recommendations Regarding PSA Tests for Prostate Cancer Screening
- Genetic Biomarker Predictive of Peripheral Neuropathy in Patients Receiving Docetaxel for Prostate Cancer
- Specific Lifestyle Factors Can Significantly Affect Cancer Mortality
- Biomarker Indicates Which Patients With Colorectal Cancer Will Respond to Cetuximab
- Herbal Remedies May Be an Overlooked Global Health Hazard
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|