For Your Patient
Information and resources to help patients quit smoking and resources to help patients cope with lung cancer and its treatment.
Nonsmokers can show their support by participating in or creating an awareness event. The editors of Oncology Nurse Advisor offer ways to support lung cancer awareness and to show your support for someone trying to quit.
Patient information on coping with the emotional toll of cancer, making treatment decisions, dietary and nutritional needs, and survivorship care
Cancer patients may wish to explore acupuncture or other integrative care options. The following article details several options and provides related resources.
Meditation can help relieve stress in cancer patients. The following article details several types of meditation and includes related clinical trials.
The many benefits of meditation include reduce anxiety, ease pain, increase flexibility, and improve overall health. Although meditation is not a cure, it may improve quality of life for patients with cancer.
Various activities can help patients cope with cancer and its treatments. These techniques should not replace medical care, but they can enhance patients' quality of life.
These resources highlight several in-depth online booklets for patients that explain cancer clinical trials.
Patients can follow these ten steps when making a decision about whether a clinical trial is right for them.
Patients bombarded with information may find clinical trials difficult to understand. This article explains the concept and defines common terms.
- PMPS: A Common Late Effect of Surgery and Radiation for Breast Cancer
- Breast Cancer Tumors Often a Composite of Tumor Types, Enhancing Treatment Resistance
- Daratumumab Plus Len-Dex an Encouraging Combo for Multiple Myeloma
- Bone Marrow vs Bloodstream: Stem Cell Source Influences Transplantation Outcomes
- Nurses Are Key to Referrals to Inpatient Integrative Medicine Services
- Exercise is as Effective in Treating Metastatic Prostate Cancer as Medication
- Walnut Consumption Changes Gut Microbiome, Decreases Growth of Colon Cancer in Mice
- Triple-Drug Therapy Produces Response in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, Mouse Study Shows
- Vaccine Enters Phase I Study for Safety and Effectiveness in Multiple Myeloma
- Study Supports Increased Role for Surgery in Multimodality Therapy for Early Stage SCLC
- Music Interventions Improve Cancer and Treatment Symptoms
- Novel Radiotracer Is Near Perfect in Detecting Sentinel Lymph Node in Breast Cancer
- MammaPrint Helps to Identify Which Patients Require Adjuvant Chemotherapy
- Supportive Care Needs Assessed in Localized Cutaneous Melanoma
- Recently Discovered microRNA Controls Response to Oxaliplatin in Colorectal Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|