FLUZONE QUADRIVALENT Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Quadrivalent inactivated "split virus" influenza vaccine (Types A and B); 0.25mL dose contains a total of 30mcg of influenza virus hemmagglutinin; 0.5mL dose contains a total of 60mcg of influenza virus hemmagglutinin; formulation changes annually; susp for IM inj; preservative-, antibiotic-free.
Sanofi Pasteur, Inc.
Indications for FLUZONE QUADRIVALENT:
Adults and Children:
<6 months: not recommended. 6 months–8yrs: 1 or 2 doses/season (depending on vaccination history as per annual ACIP recommendation); if 2 doses/season; give at least 4 weeks apart. 6–35 months: 0.25mL IM. ≥3yrs: 0.5mL IM. Infants: give in anterolateral thigh; toddlers, young children and adults: give in deltoid muscle.
Allergy to egg proteins. Life-threatening reaction to any previous flu vaccine.
Use current formulation only. Guillain-Barre syndrome within 6 weeks of previous flu vaccine. Immunosuppressed. Have epinephrine inj (1:1000) available. Pregnancy (Cat.C for IM and High-Dose; Cat.B for Intradermal, Intradermal Quadrivalent). Nursing mothers.
Immunosuppressants: may get suboptimal response.
Local reactions (eg, pain, tenderness, swelling, erythema), malaise, headache, myalgia, irritability.
Fluzone, Fluzone Quadrivalent prefilled syringe (0.25mL, 0.5mL)—10; Single-dose vial (0.5mL)—10; Fluzone multi-dose vial (5mL)—1 (contains thimerosal); Fluzone High-Dose prefilled syringe (0.5mL)—10; Fluzone Intradermal, Fluzone Intradermal Quadrivalent single-dose prefilled microinjection system (0.1mL)—10
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Risk for Cardiovascular Disease Higher in Survivors of Testicular Cancer
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
- Oral Androgen Receptor Inhibitor Granted FDA Approval for Nonmetastatic CRPC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|