Flunisolide Spray Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Flunisolide 25mcg/spray; nasal soln.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Flunisolide Spray:
Seasonal or perennial rhinitis.
≥15yrs: Initially 2 sprays in each nostril twice daily; max 8 sprays/nostril per day.
<6yrs: not recommended. 6–14yrs: Initially 1 spray in each nostril 3 times daily or 2 sprays twice daily; max 4 sprays/nostril per day.
Untreated nasal infections.
Maintain regular regimen. Respiratory tract tuberculosis. Infections (eg, ocular herpes simplex). If exposed to measles or chickenpox, consider anti-infective prophylactic therapy. Reduce dose as condition improves. May use nasal decongestants if needed. Discontinue if no effect after 3 wks. If adrenal insufficiency exists following systemic corticosteroid therapy, replacement with topical corticosteroids may exacerbate symptoms of adrenal insufficiency (eg, depression). Monitor for growth suppression in children. Monitor for hypercorticism and HPA axis suppression (if occur discontinue gradually), and candida infection or other nasal mucosal changes. Avoid eyes. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Nasal discomfort, congestion, sneezing, epistaxis, lacrimation, sore throat, nausea, headache, loss of taste and smell, septal perforation, hypercorticism, fungal overgrowth, impaired wound healing, glaucoma, reduced growth velocity in children.
Formerly known under the brand names Nasalide, Nasarel.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Risk for Cardiovascular Disease Higher in Survivors of Testicular Cancer
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
- Oral Androgen Receptor Inhibitor Granted FDA Approval for Nonmetastatic CRPC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|