FLUARIX QUADRIVALENT Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Quadrivalent inactivated "split virus" influenza vaccine (types A and B); contains a total of 60mcg hemagglutinin per 0.5mL dose; formulation changes annually; susp for IM inj; may contain trace amounts of hydrocortisone, gentamicin, others; preservative-free.
Indications for FLUARIX QUADRIVALENT:
Adults and Children:
<6mos: not established. Each dose is 0.5mL by IM inj once in the anterolateral thigh (6–11mos) or the deltoid (≥12mos). 6mos–8yrs (previously unvaccinated): 2 doses, give at least 4 weeks apart; (vaccinated in a previous season): 1 or 2 doses (depending on vaccination history as per annual ACIP recommendation); if 2 doses, give at least 4 weeks apart. ≥9yrs: 1 dose.
Allergy to egg protein. Life-threatening reaction to any previous flu vaccine.
Use current formulation only. Guillain-Barre syndrome within 6 weeks of previous flu vaccine. Bleeding disorders. Immunosuppressed. Risk of sycope with injectable vaccines. Have epinephrine inj (1:1000) available. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Concomitant vaccines: insufficient data (see full labeling). Immunosuppressants (eg, radiation, chemotherapy, high-dose steroids): may result in suboptimal response.
Local reactions (eg, redness, swelling, pain), muscle aches, fatigue, headache, arthralgias, GI symptoms, shivering, fever; children: irritability, loss of appetite, drowsiness.
Single-dose prefilled Tip-Lok syringes (0.5mL)—10
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Breast Cancer Screening Recommendations Not Completely Reflective of Race, Age
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
- Oral Androgen Receptor Inhibitor Granted FDA Approval for Nonmetastatic CRPC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|