FLAGYL ER Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Metronidazole 750mg; ext rel tabs.
Indications for FLAGYL ER:
Take 1 hr before or 2 hrs after meals. 750mg once daily for 7 days.
Pregnancy (1st trimester for trichomoniasis).
CNS disease. Discontinue if neurological symptoms occur. Severe hepatic disease: reduce dose. History of blood dyscrasias. Monitor leukocytes before and after therapy. Elderly: monitor serum levels. Pregnancy (Cat.B, 2nd and 3rd trimesters). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid alcohol during and for 3 days after use. Do not give within 2 weeks of disulfiram (possible psychotic reactions). May potentiate oral anticoagulants, phenytoin, lithium. Antagonized by phenobarbital, phenytoin, other hepatic enzyme inducers. May impair phenytoin clearance. Potentiated by cimetidine, other hepatic enzyme inhibitors. Interferes with serum chemistry tests.
GI upset, headache, metallic taste, dysuria, cystitis, incontinence, Candida overgrowth, seizures, peripheral neuropathy, ECT changes; neutropenia, pancreatitis (rare).
Tabs—50, 100; ER—30; Caps 375mg—50
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Breast Cancer Screening Recommendations Not Completely Reflective of Race, Age
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
- Oral Androgen Receptor Inhibitor Granted FDA Approval for Nonmetastatic CRPC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|