This fact sheet reviews bone marrow transplantation (BMT) and peripheral blood stem cell transplantation (PBSCT) as they relate to the cancer treatment.
This fact reviews how hormone therapy may be used to treat prostate cancer, treatment options for castration-resistant prostate cancer, and side effects of hormone therapy.
This fact sheet examines sources of formaldehyde and possible health risks posed by this chemical.
This fact sheet examines pathology reports, including tissue collection methods, the ways in which tissue samples may be processed, and details typically included in such reports.
This fact examines the possible causes, risk factors, symptoms, and treatments associated with polycythemia vera.
This fact sheet reviews the incidence and survival statistics of chronic lymphocytic leukemia.
This fact sheets examines the sources of dietary calcium and possible links to cancer prevention.
This fact sheet explores the links, both negative and positive, that Helicobacter pylori may have with gastric and other cancer types.
Water fluoridation began in the United States in 1945, and possible connections between cancer and fluoridation have been debated since.
This fact sheet explains investigational drugs and the process by which cancer patients may obtain them.
This fact sheet explains tumor markers and their current use in cancer care.
This fact sheet examines links between cigar smoking and cancer risk.
This fact sheet reviews the PSA test for prostate cancer, in particular screening recommendations, test limitations, and possible improvements the future may hold in store for the test.
This fact sheet defines computed tomography (CT), explains its use in cancer detection, and answers questions regarding radiation exposure from CT use.
This fact sheet explores links between garlic and cancer prevention, including study and clinical trials evidence and safety concerns.
This fact sheet defines radon and reviews radon-related cancer risks.
This fact sheet explores the harmful effects of tobacco smoke, tobacco addiction, and the immediate and long-term benefits of smoking cessation.
This fact sheet reviews tumor grade classification and tumor grading systems that are specific to cancer types.
This fact sheet examines the possible links between exposure to magnetic fields and cancer risk.
This fact sheet explores the possible cancer risks caused by the chemical acrylamide in foodstuffs and consumer goods.
This fact sheet defines a "cancer cluster" and discusses details related to investigating a cancer cluster and determining a cluster's statistical significance.
This fact sheet examines the possible cancer risks associated with the consumption of heterocyclic amines (HCAs) and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) formed in meats cooked via high-temperature methods.
This fact sheet reviews genetic testing for cancer risk, including currently available genetic tests, recommendations for testing, positive and negative result definitions, and direct-to-consumer tests.
This fact sheet explains cancer staging, the TNM System, and tests commonly used to determine cancer stage.
This fact sheet explores the effect of existing stress on cancer risk and cancer outcomes.
This fact sheet explores the relationship between use of hair coloring products and possible cancer risk.
This fact sheet examines the relationship between oral contraception and risk of breast, ovarian, endometrial, liver, and cervical cancers.
This fact sheet examines the role of physical activity and exercise in cancer prevention and cancer survivorship.
This fact sheet explores the evidence that tea consumption may aid cancer prevention.
This fact sheet examines the potential pros and cons of surgery as a means to reduce breast cancer risk.
- Blood Test Predicts Stem Cell Transplant Success in Myelodysplastic Syndrome
- Immunotherapy and the Future of Prostate Cancer Treatment
- Pembrolizumab Active Against Rare Melanoma, Extends Survival in Bladder Cancer
- Elderly with NSCLC Can Tolerate Aggressive Radiation Therapy Treatments
- Women Treated for DCIS Have Slightly Lower Risk for All-Cause Mortality
- Lung Cancer Screening Rates Low Among Present and Former Smokers
- Survivors Reporting Chronic Neuropathic Pain Struggle to Retain Jobs
- Timing of Chemotherapy Infusion Affects Inflammatory Response to Chemotherapy
- Postoperative Gemcitabine Plus Capecitabine: A New Standard of Care for Pancreatic Cancer
- Blood-Forming Stem Cell Transplants (Fact Sheet)
- Overall Health Worse in African American Men Undergoing Active Surveillance For Prostate Cancer
- Clinical Benefit of Simtuzumab Inconsistent for Myelofibrosis
- Follow-up Rates in Active Surveillance for Prostate Cancer Higher in University-Based vs Safety-Net Hospitals
- Pediatric Hepatocellular Carcinoma: Challenges and Solutions
- Earlier and Later Adult BMI Associated With Multiple Myeloma Risk
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|