EXCEDRIN MIGRAINE OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Acetaminophen 250mg, aspirin 250mg, caffeine 65mg; coated caplets.
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare
Indications for EXCEDRIN MIGRAINE:
≥18yrs: 2 caplets with a glass of water; max 2 caplets/24hrs.
<18yrs: consult physician.
NSAID allergy. Varicella, vaccinia in children and teenagers. 3rd trimester of pregnancy.
Reye's syndrome. Persistent or unresponsive headache. Hypertension. Cardiovascular disease. Asthma. Peptic ulcer. GI bleeding disorders. Liver cirrhosis. Hepatic or renal impairment. Discontinue if signs/symptoms of GI bleed, migraine is not relieved or worsens after first dose, tinnitus, loss of hearing, new or unexpected symptoms develop, or severe skin reactions (eg, skin reddening, blisters, rash) occur. Headaches may worsen if used for ≥10 days per month. Elderly (≥60yrs). Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
May potentiate anticoagulants, hypoglycemics, methotrexate. May antagonize uricosurics. Increased risk of liver toxicity and/or GI bleed with ≥3 alcoholic drinks/day or concomitant other drugs containing acetaminophen, NSAIDs. Caution with diuretics, corticosteroids.
Analgesic + salicylate.
GI upset/bleed, prolonged bleeding time, urticaria, anaphylaxis; overdosage: salicylism, hepatoxicity.
Caplets—24, 100, 200
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Risk for Cardiovascular Disease Higher in Survivors of Testicular Cancer
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
- Oral Androgen Receptor Inhibitor Granted FDA Approval for Nonmetastatic CRPC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|